Second row cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srweller2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just got a 2017 Tahoe with captain seats and the door cup holders are a joke. I have searched everywhere looking for a company that makes some sort of cup holder insert that would snap into the “cubby” behind the center console but haven’t found anything. Has anyone else been able to find something they can use here? Is there an aftermarket supplier I could reach out to that would make such a thing?

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also looking for a solution, it looks like they got to design the center console rear cup holder area and said hell with it, no fold up door, no cup holder, lazy *****.
What does the Denali have at the back of the console ? just a cubby like Tahoe ?

MTVP

Reaction score
One of the reasons I ordered a bench. Try putting a coffee drink in the door cubby! And then the person slams the door after getting out for a stop somewhere. Can you see the mess? I seldom have kids in the backseat of the Esky and almost never have to use the third row seating. Long live the bench with the pull-down armrest and proper cup holders.
The Escalade does have a cup holder in the back seat door armrest. It is not for a big drink and that drink better have a screw on top.

Last edited:

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali is exactly the same. This is a true dilemma. The third row has 'normal' cupholders; second row is horrid. I've cleaned drinks numerous times off the seats when the kids have slammed the doors with drinks in the holders. They are not even real cupholders. Just these tiny little holes in the arm rests. smh
If any of you had an Expedition, they had great cupholders at the rear of the center console. I loved how I could place all four drinks by myself when at a drive up window.
I too am interested if there is something that will clip into the small cubby at the rear of the console.

4wheeljive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The second-row cupholder disgrace was driving me nuts as well. After hours of considering various possible solutions, I finally settled on something that works fairly decently. It's not perfect, and it's not cheap, but it's extremely flexible and had very little permanent impact on the car. I ended up getting a pair of the new(ish) Ram Mount "Level Cup XL" holders (https://www.rammount.com/blog/2017/01/get-grip-new-level-cup-xl/), and I bolted little 1" Ram Mount balls to the inside base of the two rear seats.

20180311-001.JPG 20180311-002.JPG

The cupholders themselves are height-adjustable to accommodate tall bottles as well as small cans, and the Ram ball and arm system allows the holders to be repositioned based on occupant preference, dealing with gear in the back, etc. Ram Mount arms of different lengths allow even more positioning flexibility. And if I need to get the cupholders out of the way for any reason, I can just pop the arms off the seat bases. (It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the ball mounts do not protrude past the inner-most edge of the seats.)

MidnightRider

Reaction score
Yes I think there is plenty of room for it with captains chairs. Either scooted up all the way touching the front console or further back between the seats. Just not sure I want something that big or something that has that much useless space. I just want the cup holders but I guess it would hold a few movies. At least it could be moved if it was in the way. Not happy about this $60k problem.

BEIS

Reaction score
THis is a factory option for 2014 trucks, but would probably work just fine. Pretty pricey though.

19FD193F-8BD4-425F-B827-44CF0F3923B2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094