Seatbelt chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that unplugging the wires coming out of the seatbelt receivers at the plugs running along the inner sides of the seats next to the consoles on a 2023 Suburban LS will turn off the seatbelt chime and dash light. I assume the car will behave as if the belts are always buckled with airbags, etc.
I wouldn't assume anything.
Also, Air Bags could be dangerous if you are not wearing a seatbelt...You do you, but you are taking grave risk by not buckling up; that is your choice (although it may be not legal, depending on locale).

That said, you are risking the lives of some potential unsuspecting passengers; unless you tell them before driving them somewhere that you disabled stuff. Furthermore, you are exposing yourself to some serious liability if you knowingly disconnected key safety features of the vehicle, and the result is someone gets injured or worse...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons