Seat swap from 99 tyukon to newer style?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachkuby87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up a 1999 yukon. Its in fantastic shape for being a minnesota truck and having 180k on it. Clean inside and out runs like a champ. The thing I dont like is the cloth bench seats front and rear. Literally 1st time ive seen a bench in front of a yukon but they're power and seem stock. So yeah. I decided id deal for the time being but the driver side bracket broke. So I'd like to use this as an excuse to replace the seats completely. Even though im a welder and could fairly easily fix it. Lol. Told the woman its a weird aluminum that requires different wire and gas to weld. Lol so she ok'd the cost of new interior. Problem is im having a hard time finding a clean 1996-1999 leather interior with no rips or tears. On the other hand ive found several newer interiors that are clean. Will a 2000+ interior fit? Or is major modification needed? How about the center console since I dont have one? Any help is greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

The new truck

newyukon_zpsb794fb12.jpg

OP
OP
Z

zachkuby87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apparently my seat swap in a 15 year old truck isnt conversation worthy lol. Looks like im gonna try and find out the hard way

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently my seat swap in a 15 year old truck isnt conversation worthy lol. Looks like im gonna try and find out the hard way

You can swap them but I believe new holes will have to be drilled and tapped . The center consoles will fit between the seats just fine again new holes will be needed.

sorry for the late reply

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

BTW Make sure when posting its in the correct section you listed this question in the 2015 section , probably why it didnt get much attention .

Welcome to the forum Nice truck

Sharpieferrari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that I installed a third row out of a 2006 model in my 2000 limited tahoe and I had to make it all work but it is definitely worth it for an 8 passenger beast!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69

Sharpieferrari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or drive a lowered, LS powered, blacked out, cammed, tahoe limited with third row...hmm. Suburban or tahoe limited...I choose the ladder. I like to have my cake and eat it too!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wannabe ricer in an suv.

cammed LS motor is ricer? :think:

OP....I've heard that you can take the seat brackets off your original seats and retro fit them to the 2000-06 seats. I've not found this out first hand yet but plan to with my '98.

Sharpieferrari

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess I pissed sunclitcomet off by offering my two cents on my upgrades to others. Don't understand what possesses people to hate on others. If I wanted to be a "ricer" I would just jump in my Lexus ISF and rip around. But I love my tahoe and my tasteful mods are reliable and great for packing in my kids and nieces to go on trips!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts