Seat Restore Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah,
01 Denali?
6 way? lumbar? heated? armrests? Belts?
Its a complex seat.
Do you have Airbags? It was an option for some back then.

Yeah, you can easily spend 500 for OEM leather per seat and thats DYI.
OEM cloth is almost as pricey.
Synthetic leather is about half. And its softer than OEM leather.
USA Auto Seat Covers in TX is a good source. They have great foam! foam is soooo important for seat comfort.

Upholstery shops here in CA are pricey too. You can get to $1500 for 2 real fast.
Ebay has terrible prices for full sets. Sellers are starting to charge VINTAGE prices.

I have 3 sets of front row seats now.
1. the originals which are totally blown out.
2. a silverado cloth set i got from a junk yard for $200 which were in pretty good condition and are very comfortable...no armrest, heater or airbag....for during resto.
3. And OMG a set I found on craigslist that are my spec seat from an 04 denali that were in storage for 16 years. A guys father bought them for $1800 16 years ago
out of a wrecked denali for a restoration of a 71 truck that never happened. They are the most perfect seats I've ever seen....$500...Total Luck. But they aren't going in until last because I know how people working on your car can damage stuff.

There's a guy north of here in bakersfield that restores that MY seat for $575 a set...in synthetic but they look great and are very soft.

Or....just replace the foam and cover them with nice covers....nicew covers are about 300 for full set.

Other than that I would say look on craigslist or offerup for a good set....or a junkyard. Tahoe, subs , yukons, escalades, avalanches and GM trucks of 00 to 06 are the same

Yes...I know the 00-02 are a bit different but the plug is same

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O, I may have misspoken,
Do your front seats have the seat belts hanging off the B-Pillar, like these?
Denali.jpg

If so you could even upgrade to 07-21 seats, as the bolt pattern is the same
You have to redo the plug though as those are different.
Its better, I'm so jealous. Non integrated seat belt are way better.

But search process is the same, if not restoring.

Ben_

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been searching around and it looks like it is going to be pretty pricey to replace seat covers/cushions for my 01 Yukon Denali. I'm seeing the bottom cover for at least $150, cushion for $100, back for over $200, arm rest cover for $40. I stopped searching around once I hit $500 for one seat lol. Is this pretty accurate or are there other options I'm missing?
theseatshop.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9