Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would reach out to Debra in CS at Carid CJ, they may be crediting you the shipping charges after the product is inspected. I don't know how their system works but everything is approved on my end. They use their own shipping account so I do not have access to it.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would reach out to Debra in CS at Carid CJ, they may be crediting you the shipping charges after the product is inspected. I don't know how their system works but everything is approved on my end. They use their own shipping account so I do not have access to it.

That's not how I read the email. I guess I just stuck with ****** looking seat covers. Lesson learned.

I'll certainly never do business or recommend anyone doing business with CARiD or Coverking.

Daniel, you never did answer my question concerning the seat covers.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call her CJ? I'm sorry I must have missed your question.
I don't know how you could be following me around and not see my question.

You've seen the photos.

1. Would you want these on your seats?

2. Do you really think any remedy you've suggested adding to the seats would actually help these covers look better?

And a third one that I've added.

3. Have you actually installed and used these same seat covers?

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call her CJ? I'm sorry I must have missed your question.
Nope and I doubt that I will. If you talk to her and she tells you something different than what I get in an email she's obviously just going to lie.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the issues is with your covers so without having them in my hands, I do not want to guess on a what the problem is. Offered a free replacement with a check fit before they ship (2 tahoes in my parking lot)

2. Do you really think any remedy you've suggested adding to the seats would actually help these covers look better?
Same as above - offered a free replacement with a check fit before they ship (2 tahoes in my parking lot)

Installed yes but I no longer own a Tahoe but the employees above have them installed

What is the dollar about you are claiming that you will lose with the shipping? The 19.00 listed above?

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the issues is with your covers so without having them in my hands, I do not want to guess on a what the problem is. Offered a free replacement with a check fit before they ship (2 tahoes in my parking lot)

Same as above - offered a free replacement with a check fit before they ship (2 tahoes in my parking lot)

Installed yes but I no longer own a Tahoe but the employees above have them installed

What is the dollar about you are claiming that you will lose with the shipping? The 19.00 listed above?

Wow, I must have missed the check fit thing. Don't recall seeing that or I might have taken you up on that offer.

Yes, minus $19.00 isn't a full refund and yes I'm that tight. I'm also leary of not getting my money until they receive the covers. I've discovered way too many negative reviews where an item was sent back to CARiD and no money, even partial, was ever refunded.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I finally found that offer. I wish I hadn't over looked it and that you would have lead off with it.

My problem with these cover came after the first day of having them on the seat and they slipped forward. That was when I watched the video on the install thinking I had missed something in the printed instructions and reinstalled them. When they kept slipping I went back to the video a second time, reinstalled them, but with the same results. Since then I've repositioned the straps trying to keep them from slipping. They want to slide from the back to the front in a rolling fashion.

The back also requires periodic tightening, but it's due to the velcro being far to inadequate to hold it. Maybe doubling the width of the velcro would solve this issue.

The armrests...well they're just a ****** design. A simple zipper on the underside half the length of the armrest and the rear portion being enclosed like the front would have left the back smooth and free from snagging or rubbing on the cover over the back of the seat. With the current design, every time you raise or lower the armrest the velcro comes undone resulting in the remainder of the cover becoming loose. Extremely poor design.

When I ordered these covers I was quite aware they would fit a little loose and as my initial post indicated after installation they were about as I expected them to be even though I had a concern of the velcro.

You do with this information as you see fit. A redesign won't be difficult or that costly and should have readily been evident to your design Department personnel. If I'm forced to keep these I'll make these modifications myself, but I'm certain if you don't address these issues you'll revisit this in the future with someone else.

As an additional note, I've tried three different foam pads under the cover on the driver's seat, but none kept the cover from slipping. The closest one was a gel pad that was 1/2 inch thick, but the cover still slid and the pad looked like crap under the cover.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a CoverKing molded dash cover ( they make them once ordered).... Charcoal color which is a near perfect match to my dash color.

Why don't you call CoverKing direct, about your seat covers & check them for a possible warranty?

( Sent before above post submitted)

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I do not try to business with an outside vendor on the internet. Go straight to the manufacturer. Returns are hell with a distributor. They are ONLY in the business of shipping out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne