Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CJ - Coverking has offered multiple time to help you correct the issues and offer a free replacement which you agreed to on our facebook review:

This is a very straight forward replacement since you were happy with the covers when you first installed them but your back and forth is really making this process more difficult than it needs to be. Coverking is more than happy to stand by the product and issue you a replacement but I cannot issue you a credit that would come from Carid who is a supporting vendor on this site so you can also reach out to them here.

More than happy to help you out on the replacement side of things CJ, This is the same offer I have given since May 9th when you requested that I get involved.

I also have 2 of these in the parking lot so I can do a check fit before they leave.

CJ Ellyson Well, since CARiD is trying their level best to keep from giving me a full refund, go ahead and send me what you think will make these work and look better. You've peeked my curiosity. I know by the covers I have that your design department is relatively clueless, so go ahead and send me a "care package" for these covers. Remember, I have two sets.
Coverking Thank you CJ, We will email you the order information
CJ Ellyson I'm also curious, since you've taken the time to find my post on that particular forum, why you didn't join and participate in the discussion of these seat covers?
CJ Ellyson Order information? I'm not ordering anything. You said you'd send me the anti-slip pads and straps. I'm not about to fill out any order form.
Coverking I've actually been a member on there since 2009, Your having some issues with your covers and I am doing my best to help you out. That's the same thing offer I posted over there. I've reached out to you on the Forum, Yelp, Facebook, Support tickets and Broadly I dont want to miss any info since we are working on several platforms but I can update them if you would like.
CJ Ellyson Well, I'm glad you're following me. Like I mentioned at the beginning just refund my money. You may not be able to authorize the refund, but I'm sure someone there at Coverking can. Give me their contact information.
CJ Ellyson I also was unaware of your response on the forum. I apologize for overlooking it, but an error I have corrected. Thanks for pointing it out. Feel free to post the entire email correspondence between Coverking and myself and let them draw their own conclusions.
Coverking I didn't ask you to order anything CJ, I said we will email you the order information meaning your replacement order number so we don't post your information publicly on Facebook. Now your asking for a refund again, I thought we were doing a replacement?
I'm not back and forth on nothing until today. I've always wanted my money back, plain and simple. You keep wanting to send me accessories or a replacement. I'll take whatever you want to send me, but these are never going to look right unless you send grommets, cord to lace them tighter and probably a sewing machine and extra material so I can reinforce the areas that I put the grommets.

You keep telling me you're not authorized to give me the refund and I keep asking for the someone further up the chain of command that can. CARiD is a vendor of your product, so if Coverking gives me my refund then you can collect from them. If I had purchased them off Ebay with my PayPal account and ran into this same issue, PayPal would reimburse me and then collect from whatever vendor had sold them.

Sure, I've said I'd give a second set a try, but I doubt seriously they're going to fit any better, but you seem to insist this will be a remedy, so send them, I'll give them a try and even post up photos here and start an opinion poll.

I'll even go as far as telling you to just send me the cover for the driver's seat, I'll install it and see if replacing the remainder will be worth the effort.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable. I'm just not going to willing take a screwing without putting up a fight. Especially when right from the beginning Coverking wanted to blame me for the ill fitment.

I would also point out that you didn't come forward on here until I started my negative reviews on other sites. Had you done that at the beginning of my post I might have given a little more credibility to your sincerity. Being a customer service rep you should have waded in from the beginning. Dunno, maybe that's just me though.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ - Coverking in no way shape or form is preventing you from returning your product if that's what you would like to do, Coverking doesn't even need have to know that you are returning your product. Carid simply request approval from Coverking to return a product to which I notified you that your return was approved on the 9th, You have been told several times that Carid is where the return takes place. You were even given the phone number and email to process the return with them. As the manufacture I accepted the return request the minute you requested one but notified also let you know where to go to recieve your refund.

No one was blaming you for the fitment we were simply troubleshooting the issue, although this is common practice I'm very sorry that you felt differently and felt we were putting the blame on you. You have continued to reopen the support ticket letting us know that you are unhappy which I fully understand I really do and I hope you understand that as a customer service and products manager I will always want to work with any customer to provide them with a product that they are happy with or at least try and find out what happened so we don't repeat the issue so the offer will always be put on the table. You accepted this offer a couple of different times but I would never want you to have the feeling that I am forcing you to keep something that you are unhappy with or that Coverking wouldn't accept the request for a return from your dealer.

It seems we always end up going back to wanting a refund in a later message and the case for this order so I have cancelled the replacement. I don't show a return request from your dealer yet so I'm assuming that there is something between you and Carid that is causing you to not want to return this product most likely a restock fee or shipping charge which Coverking has nothing to do with but is this the issue here?

I came forward the moment you asked to speak to a manager CJ I was working with you there but it has jumped from support to Yelp to Facebook to here. I'm trying to help you out here CJ so in a simple yes or no is the issue with the return between you and your dealer a restocking fee or shipping charge?

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case the answer was yes, I called Carid and spoke with Debra. Debra shows that you contacted them for a return and they waved the restocking fee and are sending you a shipping label.

This leaves me pretty lost CJ. You can return them for free or get a free replacement, what more can I possibly do for you?

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case the answer was yes, I called Carid and spoke with Debra. Debra shows that you contacted them for a return and they waved the restocking fee and are sending you a shipping label.

This leaves me pretty lost CJ. You can return them for free or get a free replacement, what more can I possibly do for you?

Well, Debra has yet to respond when I asked that same question. Their last response merely indicated that once they received the covers, inspected them, they would then determine my refund. This leaves me with the concern that once I send the seat covers back they'll give me some story about them not being in new or resale condition and screw me out of both the seat covers and my refund. It seems they're telling you one thing and me something different.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No, you're not lost. What type of guarentee do I get that I will get a full refund? You seem to have better luck dealing with CARiD than I do. They already tried to stick me with return shipping and a restock fee and tried to indicate that I didn't read carefully enough prior to ordering. They've also stated that the refund will be determined once the covers are inspected to see if they're in like new/resale condition.

I'm back to your product and your vendor.

Tell me something, as the product manager, have you tried these same seat covers? Another question that you've avoided is " You've seen the photos would you want these on your seats" and " Do you think anything you've suggested to keep these from slipping would actually work?" You seem to be a car guy, give me a car guy answer.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This was the email I got from "Tim" yesterday.

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 9:27 AM CARiD.com wrote: Dear Clinton, Thank you for contacting CARiD.com! We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory delivery. Please note that as per the information on the product page, the fabric doesn't fit tightly, but offers more durability. You placed the order yourself. Still, within 48-72 business hours, we will process the return paper work. Once you have received the return authorization form and the pre-paid shipping label, please attach them to the box and send the item back. Please note that the manufacturer has agreed to take the parts without the original box as an exception. The refund ($126.06 for each item) will be processed once the part has been received by the vendor upon the inspection of its condition. After the refund procedure has been started, it might take the money 3-5 business days to reach your account.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this email. I noticed it's dated yesterday, but it just now showed up.

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 11:37 PM CARiD.com wrote: Dear Clinton, Thank you for contacting CARiD.com! Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. A request has been submitted to waive the return fees so you can receive a full refund once the seat covers have been returned. We will get back to you within 24-48 business hours for further updates. Let us know if you have questions. Thank you for your business with CARiD.com. Have a great day!

Problem seems resolved...well, once I see my money back in my PayPal account.

OP
OP
Clinton Ellyson

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here we go again.

[email protected]

This was just received from Emily Parker.

## Please Reply ABOVE THIS LINE ## Dear Clinton, Thank you for contacting CARiD.com! I apologize you need to return the Coverking seat covers. We have sent few minutes ago an e-mail with 2 attachments: the Return Merchandise Authorization Form and Pre-paid Shipping Label. All you will need to do is to print the paperwork out, stick both papers to the outside of the package and drop the box at a local UPS store. The cost of the initial shipping charge and a return fee will be deducted from your refund. The flat return fee for your item(s) is $ 19. Upon the delivery and inspection of the part, we will issue refund to your account. Once the refund is issued, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the transaction ID #. After that please allow 3-5 business days for the bank to reflect funds on your account. If you have any questions, please let us know! Thank you for your business with CARiD.com

Now they're back to me paying the return shipping. And who has a printer now days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts