Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On an extra note for caution on a thread regarding sea foam. If your sure you have significant carbon buildup in your engine and you think your cats are about done sea foam may finish them off. Everything sea foam cleans out goes straight through your exhaust. So if you have reason to question your cats use method 2 by introducing it into the fuel not directly into the intake either by vacuum line or directly into the throttle. Going through the fuel allows sea foam to do its job over time rather than all at once.

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On an extra note for caution on a thread regarding sea foam. If your sure you have significant carbon buildup in your engine and you think your cats are about done sea foam may finish them off. Everything sea foam cleans out goes straight through your exhaust. So if you have reason to question your cats use method 2 by introducing it into the fuel not directly into the intake either by vacuum line or directly into the throttle. Going through the fuel allows sea foam to do its job over time rather than all at once.

Thanks. Yes, I poured a bottle into the gas tank with about 5 gal of highest octane fuel available here which is 91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned your mass air flow sensor? A dirty MAF can cause a rough idle but make sure to only use MAF cleaner and never touch the wires with anything but the spray. Let it dry and reinstall.

No sir. I haven't. If I only knew where the MAF can was. Lol. I'll google it. Do they sell the MAF cleaner at local auto parts stores?
It's kinda hard to explain the rough idle. It's more like a little kicks/jerks that happen in bursts every few seconds that you can feel in your seat and the rpm fluctuates a few hundred up while it does it and then back to normal and then the same thing. The car has 245k miles by the way. Drives very good.

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I cleaned the MAF sensor yesterday and didn't solve the issue. Today I got a CEL. P301. Cylinder 1 misfire. I'm gonna change the spark plug to see if that's the issue.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used sea foam on my toro push mower made a big difference in my idle. Chris fix on YouTube has a video that which led me to doing it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094