Sea Foam Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just snapped some photos... hope this helps...

This is where I originally started to "introduce" the seafoam, through the vac line coming from the PCV:

DSCN2169.gif

This is what I was thinking might be my brake booster vac line:

DSCN2168.gif

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup you have the hydraboost brake system not the older drum type booster. i think that is the right line though

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys just something to remember... sea foam is just as flammable as gas so dont be afraid to dump it in the tank. and dont be afraid to suck alot down your vacuum. like i said before ive used a HALF of a can into the vacuum

Reaction score
I usually use 1 full can every 15-20k miles, put some on a toothbrush and clean your throttle plate and the bore as much as possible, this will help with a sticking gas pedal as well.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... this line:

DSCN2168.gif

Is going to here:

DSCN2171.gif

The picture is showing what I was thinking may possibly be the brake booster vacuum hose, but it is running down to just underneath where the power steering fluid goes... so... that's not the brake booster line, right?

I don't know where else to look. I haven't been able to locate a good picture of the 2004 4.8L engine bay showing specifically where the brake booster line is at.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Thanks man, but I still don't see it. Here's what I'm looking at:

DSCN2177.gif

DSCN2175.gif

DSCN2176.gif

When I foamed my XL, I used the black tube in the second pic that comes from behind the engine cover, and bends down with the rubber thing on the end. That just lifts up and has vacuum pressure.

I now use the outboard 2 cycle oil in the gas tank with each fill up and have had much less buildup on my intake when I clean it every 6 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011