SD slot location in 2018 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m5runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm the new owner of a 2018 Yukon Denali and a bit perplexed why I cannot locate the SD card reader in the center console. I see HDMI and USB, but no SD. I am a bit disappointed because I wanted to easily load movies. I guess my option will have to use a USB to micro SD.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 2015 had it and maybe the 2016 and 2017 but looks like it was deleted in the 2018 for whatever reason. Makes no sense.

Dooba

Reaction score
I think the early 2015 model years had the SD card slot in the center console, while mid-2015 to 2016 only have an SD card slot in the rear entertainment system if you got the sun & entertainment package.

2017+ model years replaced the SD card & AV cables (why were they there in the first place, who knows) with an HDMI port for the rear entertainment system.

Could try a SD to USB adapter

OP
OP
M

m5runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the early 2015 model years had the SD card slot in the center console, while mid-2015 to 2016 only have an SD card slot in the rear entertainment system if you got the sun & entertainment package.

2017+ model years replaced the SD card & AV cables (why were they there in the first place, who knows) with an HDMI port for the rear entertainment system.

Could try a SD to USB adapter

I thought about going that route and tried a USB to micro SD adapter, but the vehicle didn't even recognize it in the port behind the navigation system, nor the entertainment console. I formatted with FAT32, but no dice. I'll try a PNY micro SD and see what comes of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts