SD Card is Not Functioning Correctly Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Have been receiving the “SD Card is Not Functioning Correctly” message almost every time I start my 21 Yukon XL SLT. Seems to be happening since I had last recall completed. Have tried removing SD card while car was on, off, reinserted it and still get message.

OEM navigation is not working either.

before I make service appt, anyone have any experience with this?

thanks
Paul

Attachments

• DCABE5AD-1337-4C2F-B3F7-F351D71B67C2.jpeg
    DCABE5AD-1337-4C2F-B3F7-F351D71B67C2.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 5

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this about a month ago… no response….

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a list for the 1st visit and free oil change…..

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had 3 new sdcard and 1 new sdcard slot done so far. Still get the message. The worst part of the 21's is the sdard..... They can push other updates OTA but not the map... Smh.... But we use Android auto anyways, just to bad it doesn't display on the heads up.

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
We've had 3 new sdcard and 1 new sdcard slot done so far. Still get the message. The worst part of the 21's is the sdard..... They can push other updates OTA but not the map... Smh.... But we use Android auto anyways, just to bad it doesn't display on the heads up.
Wow…that’s really unacceptable. I have a feeling I’m in the same boat.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guessing no fix? Did you go to dealer?
I had the same thing happen, however it was user error due to being removed when the car was on. Had the dealer check it out in my first oil change and they ordered a new one and replaced it under warranty.
Now that I know we won't remove it unless the car is off or it has been safely stopped from the software.

Antarick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing this too while I wait for GM to buy back my lemon. Cannot wait to be done with this truck!

OP
OP
PauliePucks

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but could it be the SD card needs to be formatted to ExFat, or some other specific format?
It’s not a user SD card, it’s the SD card that is used for the navigation map data. I’m now on number 2 and it’s happened again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon