Screen flickers on backup camera.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmbly

Reaction score
Hey all,

Tried installing my rear view camera today and I get a flicker when the car is running and in reverse, but not when in reverse and just powered on.

Installed by tapping into the rear reverse lights with positaps, red to the green reverse light and ground to the black from the reverse lights.

I don’t know if I need to get a relay or what, but I’m plenty aggravated since I thought most people did it this way with out issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey all,

Tried installing my rear view camera today and I get a flicker when the car is running and in reverse, but not when in reverse and just powered on.

Installed by tapping into the rear reverse lights with positaps, red to the green reverse light and ground to the black from the reverse lights.

I don’t know if I need to get a relay or what, but I’m plenty aggravated since I thought most people did it this way with out issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

Try a different ground.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Like ground to a different wire or just ground to the frame or body? I’m an electrical noob.

Try grounding to frame or body. That might be your issue. Make sure you clean the area very well, to bare metal.

OP
OP
chrmbly

chrmbly

Reaction score
I ended up buying a different rearview camera (one of the license mounted jobs since I wasn't happy with where I mounted the other one) - kept same wiring and lo and behold it works fine. Dunno if the power required for the older camera was higher, but hey - whatevs. It works now! :party36:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons