School me on GMT900 Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. You had to scour for those 9 and 10 year old posts on 2007 year models when we’re recommending 13-14 models. Did you even read my post though? Here:

“The defroster panel (the one up against the windshield) can crack because it is the exact same piece as a Chevy/GMC but is easy to replace compared to the actual dash panel that cracks in the others.”

Both of your “gotchas” are the defroster panel…

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Platinum did have the bench option, but they are hen's teeth and they do exist.

Plat Bench Utah.PNG

The dual exhaust option on the Platinum is good to know if I ever have to make an insurance claim. Knowing it was an option, even on a later year, is leverage so that the Insurance company cannot welch on replacing it with a dual exhaust bumper /tips for an upcharge. Yes, AAA does that here in CA.

pLATINUM DUAL EXHAUST.PNG

That's good info on the other stuff. As far as enthusiast owned, I'm sure that's my perception from hanging around the crowd that geeks out on keeping their vehicles in a preserved OEM+ state and sharing the knowledge base.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
So I’ve never even considered an Escalade … I’m here to learn from others mistakes so any and all input is welcome.
Have you muddled around on any vehicles or purchased one yet?

OP
OP
D

DTOM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looked at a '12 Escalade Base with 67k on it. Outfitted with a combination of tech found in my '15 silverado and '11 Yukon. Found an OEM bench with heat that will be put me back about $2k. That's just the cost of purchase and shipping. Dealer wants $29,999 for the Escalade. While the frame and undercarriage as a whole looks pretty solid, it's still a NY truck. Carmax and Carvana are offering up similar examples but with the Premium package for literally $2k-$3k more, in some instances with less mileage and maybe even a year newer. I'm still tempted to simply pick up what's local but a part of me is thinking that I may be able to score what I would consider a pretty good deal if I wait this one out.

Off topic but relevant, I have wheels from a 2014 Sierra on my Yukon. They're 18's and what I'd really like to do is swap them over to an Escalade if that purchase comes to fruition. Problem I have is that the wheels have a center GMC cap. Wheel is GMC part #20942022. Does anyone know of a Caddy cap that would work with these?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If it's these caps with the tangs protruding, it's not likely there's a match. There's a huge unload of factory 2014+ bench seats on eBay right now that fit 2014 and earlier short/long bed vehicles. It's like some police warehouse unloaded it's keep they had stashed for a decade or so.

s-l600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham