Scanner needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragojazz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a good scanner that will do live data on a 98 Yukon. (Cylinder misfires, trans codes, etc.. )

Bluedriver apparently does not do that- I was considering until I saw the year limitations.

Anyone got anything?

Thanks!

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an Autel AL629 on eBay because I needed something for later models. I have a Snap-On brick that works great but only up to 2006. I've hooked the Autel to my Yukon and Tahoe and it works good and reads live data for all systems. I gave $80 for it, might be better out there but for a cheapo it works good for what I want it to do.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Torque Pro works with the BlueDriver dongle, but if Torque (free) works with it, buy Torque Pro for $5. After you do that be sure to download the extended PIDs that are free.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Educate me. What do I need to read, heed, understand and clear codes, and do whatever else needs doin'.

Prices, sources, capabilities, etc. Preferably all in one, without need for cost add-ons or options.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory is Tech2. Similar for later models also are MDI, VXDIAG. Will reprogram to factory specs. Prices low now, $200-$400.
Cheap bluetooth that will do about 90 percent of scans- under $50. Look under Tech info heading for links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne