scan cable or autocal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottcully

Reaction score
Looking at getting a tune after I install some shorty headers. I want the best tune and I'm not sure what the difference is between the scan cable tune and AutoCal tune. Is it the same software and same tune with the only difference being that I can keep the Hardware?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
If you're going to do headers, it's best to go for long tubes. Better gains. I have the autocal. It's basically a hand held that you keep and load tunes into your truck. Scan cable I believe is a rental, you scan your truck and you send that back to them to analyze.

OP
OP
scottcully

scottcully

Reaction score
I wish I could get long tube headers but I live in California and would not be able to pass smog. Thanks for the info.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Midlengths would be best if you can go with LTs.

Scan cable and AutoCal use the same EFILive software. What you should decide, is whether you want to be able to flash your tunes yourself.

OP
OP
scottcully

scottcully

Reaction score
Midlengths would be best if you can go with LTs.

Scan cable and AutoCal use the same EFILive software. What you should decide, is whether you want to be able to flash your tunes yourself.
yes i would like to be able to go from a performance tune to a stock tune or whatever else at any time. so i guess autocal is the way to go for me?

Soundmound

Reaction score
I cannot post to classified but I am selling my AutoCal from Blackbear. I'm just about done messing with this truck and the Cal needs to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent