San Diego Tahoe Update with ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southbound_35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BIG POST ALERT: so I installed my 3.5 RC, 18x9 Fuel Kranks and threw on some 33x12.50 Ridge Grapplers this past weekon my 2009 SSV. Everything seems to be riding nicely, however the right rear wheel appears to be sticking out more on the right side. I spoke with rough country and they assured my that it was just the "preload" and it should correct itself within a few weeks. This is also in line with what my mechanic has told me. Anyone have experience with this? Also...now my truck is throwing a "service stabilitrac" code and the abs light is one. WTF?! any knowledge on the situation would be greatly appreciated

Enlight7.jpg

Enlight8.jpg

Enlight9.jpg

Enlight10.jpg

IMG_1434.PNG

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
normal... You need a spohn panhard bar. When you raise or lower, the stock panhard bar will pull or push the vehicle to either side. So you'll need an adjustable bar to return it to the middle.

OP
OP
S

Southbound_35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
normal... You need a spohn panhard bar. When you raise or lower, the stock panhard bar will pull or push the vehicle to either side. So you'll need an adjustable bar to return it to the middle.
That's what I thought...but wasn't sure because of what rough country told me.

Next question: this is what started as well...

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you stretch any of the ABS sensor wires during the install. They have connectors on the frame for the rears that may have came loose also.
Could also be that you need to adjust the tire size in your ECM/TCM programming.

OP
OP
S

Southbound_35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you stretch any of the ABS sensor wires during the install. They have connectors on the frame for the rears that may have came loose also.
Could also be that you need to adjust the tire size in your ECM/TCM programming.
How would I do that? Do I need to buy some sort of programmer or could I just take it somewhere?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most buy a tuner like the diablosport i2 or do a blackbear tune. I'm sure a speed shop near you could set your parameters for a fee.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the sensors on your frame got unplugged.

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG POST ALERT: so I installed my 3.5 RC, 18x9 Fuel Kranks and threw on some 33x12.50 Ridge Grapplers this past weekon my 2009 SSV. Everything seems to be riding nicely, however the right rear wheel appears to be sticking out more on the right side. I spoke with rough country and they assured my that it was just the "preload" and it should correct itself within a few weeks. This is also in line with what my mechanic has told me. Anyone have experience with this? Also...now my truck is throwing a "service stabilitrac" code and the abs light is one. WTF?! any knowledge on the situation would be greatly appreciated

View attachment 78134

View attachment 78135

View attachment 78136

View attachment 78137

View attachment 78138
Typical answer from parts suppliers.. he have no idea what he is selling and how suspension works, preload my a..