Salvage Title Blues..Interior questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZ17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a black-on-black 2017YukonXl SLT at auction for $15K. Dropped it at a shop and it turned out well.
But, the wrecking yard jackholes that held the vehicle for the owner/insurance company, until it went to auction, stole the seats out if it. And, they replaced with beat up seats minus the heat/cool, and modules that control heat/cool, side view mirrors adjust, adjustable pedals, and memory.
Ive looked through eBay. Holy cow!!! Now I know why they stole the seats out it.
So....suggestions?
What models and years can I look at?
I’m in the San Diego area.
Anybody have a go-to wrecking yard that they trust?

Any helpful advice....many thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check the yards in TJ since that's where they do the vin swaps probably a few down there.

OP
OP
EZ17

EZ17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would check the yards in TJ since that's where they do the vin swaps probably a few down there.
Thanks Dou.
That sounds like an alternative worth visiting. Likely the cheaper alternative too. The question that I’ve been batting around in my head though now is “what happens to a guy driving north at the border with a bunch of high-end seats in the back of his truck?” I’m hoping I just get blessed with a nice US Customs and Border Patrol wave or the same after a verification from a legible receipt.

OP
OP
EZ17

EZ17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Dou.
That sounds like an alternative worth visiting. Likely the cheaper alternative too. The question that I’ve been batting around in my head though now is “what happens to a guy driving north at the border with a bunch of high-end seats in the back of his truck?” I’m hoping I just get blessed with a nice US Customs and Border Patrol wave or the same after a verification from a legible receipt.
Also...I am headed north for Thanksgiving. Will be everywhere from Stockton to Vacaville to San Jose. Anybody up there I might check in with???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011