Salesman Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a lot of dummies out there that have no clue about the car they are selling. But yes you should have checked everything over yourself. Enjoy the ride I’m sure it’s awesome.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
That’s too bad.

I’ve learned to always get the windows sticker well in advance and study all options. Sales people for cars. Are sales people for cars. They have a job that requires them to show up and respond. Most know much less than the average buyer

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gone are the days when I could purchase a new truck from the same salesman year after year. Now the new generation salesman sits by the window pecking at his latest Apple device. When I ask him a question he acts bored and only wants to get back to his texting which is just as well, he has no answers anyway. It's not just car salesmen it's most every young generation whatever. Bunch of slackers.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a Denali that was in transit and after a couple weeks, the vehicle was delivered. Overall I am still happy with it but one issue is bugging me.

While working with the salesman he mentioned the adaptive cruise control feature and I told him that I liked that. I asked him about a couple other features and he said “this has just about everything.” Now that we have the vehicle, it does not appear to have adaptive cruise control. It is not a deal breaker but disappointing considering he gave the impression the vehicle had it. I know it is my responsibility to confirm all that stuff and we would have purchased either way.

Do you feel like this is something we should bring up with the dealership or just let it go?
Since you bought it in transit it sells "as is" which means the package is already installed. You might discuss with the dealer about adding the "extras" that you want if they are possible to install after you accepted it. It will probably cost you plenty of green to get it done, but better to find out if it's p[ossible now rather than live with the regret of not asking and living with the "what if" question in the future. The longer you wait the less likely they will be able to give you what you want, if it's possible at all. Hope you get everything you want and enjoy your ride for many, many years to come. Aloha!

Ajmalian

Reaction score
We bought a Denali that was in transit and after a couple weeks, the vehicle was delivered. Overall I am still happy with it but one issue is bugging me.

While working with the salesman he mentioned the adaptive cruise control feature and I told him that I liked that. I asked him about a couple other features and he said “this has just about everything.” Now that we have the vehicle, it does not appear to have adaptive cruise control. It is not a deal breaker but disappointing considering he gave the impression the vehicle had it. I know it is my responsibility to confirm all that stuff and we would have purchased either way.

Do you feel like this is something we should bring up with the dealership or just let it go?
@ramathorn IMO, it’s one thing generalizing by saying “A Denali comes with everything” to make the sale, but it’s another when you have specifically asked about an option and the salesman said that the vehicle in question is indeed equipped with it.
So firstly, I would recommend you go back to your truck, hop in and take it out for a spin, put it on cruise and then hold the cruise cancel button till hopefully a message appears on your Driver Information Center that loosely reads “adaptive cruise active” or something to that effect. My truck came like that, with the feature deactivated. Should the above step not work, then I’d suggest you go back to dealer trying to make a scene of some sort…who knows…you may at least get a few services out of it for free!!

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No harm in including it during the sales persons survey and/or mentioning it to the sales manager. Feedback is feedback

gilboyj

Reaction score
UCC Article 2 requires perfect tender. Nevertheless, caveat emptor, my friend. Surely you were provided with an opportunity to inspect and verify what you were buying.

All salespeople — or at least all successful salespeople — are skilled in the art of persuasion and affirmation.

Enjoy the new truck.

garymyman

Reaction score
In this day and age, I always just assume that salespeople don't know much about what they are selling and they will say just about anything to complete the sale.
I had a salesman tell me that for ‘22 model year a bench 2nd row may not be offered on the Yukon (he was trying to sell me a ‘21 with a bench that otherwise didn’t suit my needs).

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never believe anything a salesman may say without verification that will influence you to buy now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63