Salesman Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramathorn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought a Denali that was in transit and after a couple weeks, the vehicle was delivered. Overall I am still happy with it but one issue is bugging me.

While working with the salesman he mentioned the adaptive cruise control feature and I told him that I liked that. I asked him about a couple other features and he said “this has just about everything.” Now that we have the vehicle, it does not appear to have adaptive cruise control. It is not a deal breaker but disappointing considering he gave the impression the vehicle had it. I know it is my responsibility to confirm all that stuff and we would have purchased either way.

Do you feel like this is something we should bring up with the dealership or just let it go?

CXXX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In looking at the 2021 Denali Ordering packages the Vehicle would have to have one of the following packages:
1. Advanced Technology Package $1780
2. Denali Premium Package $7000
3. Denali Ultimate Package $11,255

The Salesmen statement "this has just about everything" is true, Denali's do have about everything, but these packages and options need to be studied very carefully.

Enjoy your new Vehicle, I don't think anything can be done to change the situation unless it will make you feel better to talk to the dealer.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He certainly could have sent and you should have requested a copy of the sticker or build sheet upon 1st contact, but it is your responsibility to check the facts and decide if it conforms to your needs....

ruise

Reaction score
We bought a Denali that was in transit and after a couple weeks, the vehicle was delivered. Overall I am still happy with it but one issue is bugging me.

While working with the salesman he mentioned the adaptive cruise control feature and I told him that I liked that. I asked him about a couple other features and he said “this has just about everything.” Now that we have the vehicle, it does not appear to have adaptive cruise control. It is not a deal breaker but disappointing considering he gave the impression the vehicle had it. I know it is my responsibility to confirm all that stuff and we would have purchased either way.

Do you feel like this is something we should bring up with the dealership or just let it go?
I also wanted the Advanced Technology Package, as part of the Denali Premium Package. Unfortunately, I had to delete this from my order in May if I wanted to get my Denali within a reasonable time. I did take off the Advanced Technology Package (which includes Adaptive Cruise Control) and my order was accepted immediately afterwards.

Because of the shortage of semiconductor chips, they put this feature on constraint a couple of months ago. I took delivery of my Denali last week and love it!

hdrolling

Reaction score
That's too bad but you should have verified, after you signed the papers your pretty much out of luck. I love our adaptive and use it about every day, our Tahoe was built 6/21 and came with it. Only feature that was removed due to the chip shortage was the auto start/stop button that I didn't want anyways.

rickgi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My experience (considerable) is that sales people will do or say anything to bring every sale to completion. If I feel I was deceived in any way, I will fail to give them excellent reviews when prompted by the manufacturer after a sale. This is something that does not bode well for the dealership. After a sale, a salesperson becomes irrelevant. Just get on good terms with the service dept. at this point.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you take it for a test drive before forking over $80k?

OP
OP
R

ramathorn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank everyone for the feedback. I fully recognize the buck stops with me and it was my responsibility. It would not have changed our buying decision so ultimately no harm done.

We did not test drive it but had rented a 2021 Denali so knew what we wanted. In our area if you wait for a test drive on a Yukon, you won’t be getting a vehicle for a while. We were happy to find a place selling without markup that had one in transit to purchase.

I’ll note this in my review. They also failed to have the protective paint coating and tint done that was supposed to be completed before delivery. I am more perturbed about that one.

thanks everyone and appreciate this forum.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this day and age, I always just assume that salespeople don't know much about what they are selling and they will say just about anything to complete the sale.

There are some good ones out there, but very far and few between.

Our sales guy was great, he has been with the company since 2004 and knew his GMC's well. He was very up front that he has not had too much time with the new Yukons as they just don't keep them long enough to even learn about them. I appreciate his honesty.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout