Safety Lock Won't Turn Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
yea, there's two options, Passive Unlock/Lock and another, neither deactivated or reset the safety lock function.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man I hate that. But I know when I’m beat. Please reply when you know

OP
OP
M

MrScrewzloose

Reaction score
Excuse the delayed response...

Well, the issue has been resolved, cost $218.

Initially, the techs found that the BCM (Body Control Module), as discussed previously, had been shorted and needed to be replaced. They replaced the BCM, told me it was good to go. Went to pick it up, got in the truck, tried the switch and it didn't work. Back into the dealer, the Service Manager was perplexed and told me he tested it several times.

Truck went back into the service bay. Later that day, I was told the techs found a frayed wire in the wire bundle between the driver door and frame. Apparently, the frayed wire was shorting the BCM and this time shorted the fuse. Wire was apparently replaced (doubtful) as well as the fuse.

It's now working. I've written Chevy, explaining how this really is a safety issue and they should either reintroduce the mechanical override as was the case with older models or redesign the switch system to default to open when a fault is detected or occurs. I'm doubtful they'll give to *****.

Either way, it's resolved as of now.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your letter is one of many the NTSB website will show it but a change is not likely. Glad you got it fixed. Maybe you can check the wire they say they replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan