Rusty Fuel Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 2 door Tahoe had it on the lift and the fuel lines back by the tank look really rusty. Has anyone use the nylon replacement kit from inline tube? I did an S10 Blazer years back and made up a section of nylon line and it worked great. Their kit eliminates the rusty steel from the filter to the tank.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't but it sounds interesting. As long as they can handle 50 - 60 psi continously.

I have seen good results with the stainless steel line kits you can order through Napa. Pre-bent and ready to install.

OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many cars use the nylon lines for high pressure FI systems including GM after the rusty line problems. I've bent fuel lines to replace the rusty junk in the past, it's a pain. When I get time I think I'll buy the kit on ebay for under $100 and replace the lines and the kit includes a new filter.
It's like the brake lines, European cars have used NiCop for years and we're still screwing around with rusty steel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr