Rust on Fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You could always get a used oem rust free fender. That would save on the rust repair for that. Gotta do what's right for you tho. You know the truck, all the ins and outs of it. You might not get a better one(problem wise)then this one.

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
I think that is a pretty honest assessment... when the guy tells you he is slow and could use the work but then tells you it's a waste of time and money... that says a lot to me... at least about the guys integrity if nothing else.

What didn't you like about the Esky???

I would love to have a 6.2L in the Burb.
Yeah not at guy was great. I felt like he was 100% honest and up front with me which goes a long ways now-a-days.

I liked the motor but I didnt like the center dash and console at all. It also had some issues, drivers door didn't seat right so had wind noise at hwy speed, missing the cover on the hvac in the right rear and a few other things that made it not a deal at all.

I just test drove a 2010 3500HD LTZ. Man what a beast. Tomorrow I'll check out a 2014 1500 LTZ, both 4- doors.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmm..liking the 3500,..more truck for your buck.

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
You could always get a used oem rust free fender. That would save on the rust repair for that. Gotta do what's right for you tho. You know the truck, all the ins and outs of it. You might not get a better one(problem wise)then this one.

That was the option the body shop guy told me. Then he noticed rust in other places plus a bunch of bad repairs.

OP
OP
Silent D

Silent D

Reaction score
9C5F886C-3399-46F0-B827-06C999D276FE.jpeg Here is the 3500HD. I did love driving this thing. It definitely doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the Tahoe but I can get a bigger boat than the Tahoe would tow lol.

2010, 90,300 miles, L96 6.0L, spray in bed Kinder, immaculate inside/out/and under, aftermarket wheels with almost new BF Goodrich A/T T/K KO tires. It was bought from this dealership originally and services here per manufacturer recommendations. I saw all the service records.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a Duramax badge i see on the hood,...oh that would be a nobrainer for me !

Oops jump the gun, got excited,..lol