Running rich after replacing all injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What typically causes the alcohol content to be off? I never get E85 and my readings are frequently in the 10% range..
It gets out of whack when the original O2 sensors get tired, after about 75-100K miles. It gets out of whack when people use Denso, Bosch and other than GM OE sensors or the wrong part part number.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My apologies to fless as I did not see your comment suggesting this

That's okay; I'm used to it. Both of my former spouses ignored me for the most part, during and after. And I don't mind that now. ;)

Were you able to reset the alcohol percentage?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there may have been an updated calibration that was intended to correct that, but I'm not really sure.
Thanks, I just saw another thread regarding the update, however that one was from about '07 and mine is '12 (unless there is another update of course!)

Also found some threads mentioning regular gas can contain some percent of ethanol...
Will try new o2 sensors before too long for good measure..

OP
OP
R

RocketcCutlass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced all the O2 sensors a while ago and they were GM replacements. It ran just fine too. It has all new GM sensors actually except the crank sensor. I think what did it is I fill up 3 miles from home. I read that it takes 7 miles from filling to learn what it needs to about what fuel is in it and if you shut it down before that it throws it off ‍♂️. Either way I’m trying to decide if I want to buy a tuner/scan tool that can just disable the virtual flex fuel sensor and afm or take it somewhere. I got a quote from a shop in Pensacola that was $300. That seems very steep for a couple of mouse clicks in HPtuners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne