Running horrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving home was running fine. Turned the corner accelerated and just started running like it was on two cylinders. Now won't start and sounds horrible. 97 Yukon 350.000 miles. 4x4 5.7 . Just changed the fuel pump a month ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when was the last time it was maintenanced i.e. plugs. wires, pcv, air filter, oil change things like that? any check engine light?

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when was the last time it was maintenanced i.e. plugs. wires, pcv, air filter, oil change things like that? any check engine light?
No check engine light. . It's been around 3 yes for the wires plugs and rotor. Air filter is due just did an oil change. Pcv don't think that's been done ever. I also noticed when I started it up before I left it was knocking then went away.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pull the cap off and take a look at the cap & rotor inside, check for anything looking burnt or for any cracks in the cap or if the rotor is toast, alternatively you could pull one plug wire at a time while it is idling and see if one or more do not make any change in the idle, if it's none of that then maybe check the fuel pressure or for any leaks in the intake, vacuum lines, etc..
basically just troubleshoot for spark, fuel, air until you find the culprit

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Like it almost starts with some backfire like it's on two cylinders
Through intake or exhaust?

Have you verified spark timing?

Would you kindly provide a video of the issue? Hard to explain is admittedly difficult to help. A no start condition can be everything from bad fuel to a blown engine. We are going to need a decree of conciseness in explanations or the only answer you'll get would be to take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Help us help you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442