Running board removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philipslookin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 2005 Z71 about a month ago and absolutely love it... I was considering removing the running boards and plastic trim, but I do plan to take it off road at some point and I want to leave them on if they serve any actual protective purpose. Do they actually function as rock rails? Also if anyone has any thoughts on removing the original dealer badge from the rear without leaving any marks on the paint, it would be much appreciated, I'm hesitant to pull it off with just a razor blade and goo gone after 16 years.

IMG_0299.JPEG
P.S. she lives about 2 miles down the tracks from the arlington assembly plant where she was born!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig. The steps are steps. Take a look underneath to see how they’re mounted. They’re tough but not compared to rocks. If the dealer sign is a sticker use an eraser wheel. If it’s a badge warm it a little and use fishing string then a plastic blade and/or adhesive remover. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts