Running 1/0 gauge power wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK how would you guys suggest running 1/0 gauge power wire from the front to back of a 08 Tahoe. It definitely doesn't seem like the side floor panels are deep enough, which is what I usually do. Also I have a SSV so I don't have carpet.

Also does anyone know of a basic wiring harness for head units that doesn't come with the "door chime speaker"?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK how would you guys suggest running 1/0 gauge power wire from the front to back of a 08 Tahoe. It definitely doesn't seem like the side floor panels are deep enough, which is what I usually do. Also I have a SSV so I don't have carpet.

Also does anyone know of a basic wiring harness for head units that doesn't come with the "door chime speaker"?
I would go underneath the body, along the frame, until you get to the back and then go through the floor back there. There's runs of other wiring or even hvac lines going back there if you have rear heat/AC.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go underneath the body, along the frame, until you get to the back and then go through the floor back there. There's runs of other wiring or even hvac lines going back there if you have rear heat/AC.

This is what I did...

I went from the battery down the frame and came up on the driverside rear...

You can see my ground and the power going through

oNEmKnS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Would I need to drill any holes or are there pre-existing ones that I can use?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to drill

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
There's a factory hole in fire wall under the steering wheel that has like a rubber boot on it that other wires go through. I ran my wire through that and under the carpet to the back. I don't like wire under the vehicle, all it takes is some road debris to hit the wire and split the jacket and could potentially start a fire

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a factory hole in fire wall under the steering wheel that has like a rubber boot on it that other wires go through. I ran my wire through that and under the carpet to the back. I don't like wire under the vehicle, all it takes is some road debris to hit the wire and split the jacket and could potentially start a fire
Isn't that what fuses are for?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding "chime", this is typically added with wiring harness setups that come seperate from HU. I know my PAC wiring came with the "chime". I had the option to install it and make it as loud as I wanted.

TLTFAB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4 gauge or smaller I run it under the carpet, 0/1 gauge I loom it and run it along the frame rail. Much easier to route.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score

You have an SSV you should already have a good size 12volt feed to the rear. Just look inside your jack compartment. Just my 2cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts