Rubber Tube came loose underneath body.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Update: Spent about 30 minutes this evening trying to wiggle my fat ass under the vehicle to find this so called nipple that the tube connects too, Couldn’t find it so I ended up zip tying the tube to the frame, just so it isn’t flopping around looking like a sore dick under there. It’s freezing cold and pitch black dark by the time I get off work so I’ll have to get back at it in the morning and try again.

OP
OP
BlackYukon

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
this should give you some idea presuming it is the 6l80, looks like it maybe "T"'s to another hose?

View attachment 234142

at any rate the actual vent is up by the shell passenger side

Are you Sure that's the vent tube? The one on my vehicle looks waaay to short to fit all the way back there. Also will it hurt anything with it not being connected?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you Sure that's the vent tube? The one on my vehicle looks waaay to short to fit all the way back there. Also will it hurt anything with it not being connected?
yes it's a vent tube, it may attach in a different location the picture I posted up was from a G8 I think, not sure what NOT connecting it would do if anything.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
yes it's a vent tube, it may attach in a different location the picture I posted up was from a G8 I think, not sure what NOT connecting it would do if anything.

I can't imagine it would matter other than any overflow coating the case instead of coming down the tube. It's just open to atmosphere all the time anyways.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vent hose lets expanded air out and is high enough inside the frame to prevent water from entering in High water conditions, that cool the trans mission, creating a vacuum that would introduce water inside the trans mission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan