Rubber coil spring insulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

temper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm doing the nivomat replacement with Bilstein 5100's, Moog Z71 coil springs, and WheelsNParts torsion key/2" coil spring spacer kit this weekend. I also bought two Moog coil spring insulators before I decided I was going to do the spacers.

Have any of you used these with your coil spring swaps, whether you're using spacers or not?

715cUh7HLeL._SX355_.jpg

OP
OP
temper

temper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes both bottom and top of the spring then let it sit on the spacer...

Yeah, I discovered that there were some already in place on/under the stock shocks, and in rather good shape for having 220,000 miles on them assuming the previous owners never replaced them. I ended up replacing the top one, just because I had two new ones. I tried to get one to fit in between the 2" spacer and the coil spring, but it wouldn't fit over the spacer.

SlimJim

Reaction score
So i have a question about the moog 81069 springs. Do they provide any lift. I an 04LT model that i want to put 5100s on. It has a supreme suspension 2" front 1.5" rear spacer kit. Im wondering if i go ahead and take out the rear spacer and replace them with moog 81069 springs will i still be level. I heard that the springs provide anywhere from 1-2 inches. They do need changed, but i dont want to have any rake i just wanna be leveled. Also how is the ride quality compared to stock springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal