RST Premier Tahoe vs Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am coming off owning 6 Suburban's 1989-1994, then 12 Escalade's 2003 - 2012, then some Range Rovers, so I went to order a 2019 Escalade, list price was close to 100k, sell it to me for 90k, was at my Chevy dealer picking up my ZR1 and saw an RST Tahoe, I said how much would a loaded one of those cost, told me 70k out the door, 20k cheaper than the Escalade, took the "savings" and gave it to Callaway, COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I wanted a Denali, but liked the blackout that the RST did, and Callaway just added to that with their dark lettering
2019%20Callaway%20Tahoe%201231_zpsh51gdnzy.jpg

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last Denali had 20" alloy wheels and the ride was OK. My new 1029 Denali has 22" alloy wheels and the ride is OK. i don't really notice much difference but would argue this: Any difference in ride could be attributed to the shorter sidewall of the 22", the wider contact patch on the road, AND the greater "unsprung" weight of the larger wheel. Therefore if ordering any wheel (but especially the 22") I stay away from the very heavy steel wheels and go with the lightest weight alloy wheel that looks OK to you. Personally, I like the look of the 22" better as to me they look more proportionate to the size of the vehicle.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am coming off owning 6 Suburban's 1989-1994, then 12 Escalade's 2003 - 2012, then some Range Rovers, so I went to order a 2019 Escalade, list price was close to 100k, sell it to me for 90k, was at my Chevy dealer picking up my ZR1 and saw an RST Tahoe, I said how much would a loaded one of those cost, told me 70k out the door, 20k cheaper than the Escalade, took the "savings" and gave it to Callaway, COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I wanted a Denali, but liked the blackout that the RST did, and Callaway just added to that with their dark lettering
2019%20Callaway%20Tahoe%201231_zpsh51gdnzy.jpg
Hi Callaway brother! My 2019 Denali is also a Callaway conversion and I'd be interested in swapping notes on your experience and share tips about our unique vehicles. The good, bad and otherwise...

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Callaway brother! My 2019 Denali is also a Callaway conversion and I'd be interested in swapping notes on your experience and share tips about our unique vehicles. The good, bad and otherwise...
Hello Callaway brother, my truck was built over Christmas got it beginning of Feb, got their handling package, steering wheel and extended warranty. I have nothing bad yet to say, Callaway kept me informed when the truck was build by Chevy, when it was shipped to Callaway, and when it was received by Callaway. I didn't want "supercharged" on the hood, and Callaway said we will do anything you want, they were great to deal with, and I'll probably do it again

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Yukon denali and I'm not 100% if I had to do it again, that I wouldn't get the XL model. I preferred the looks of the short body but after having it, you realize how little space you have for cargo. I don't have any kids so its just me and the wife, but I would strongly think on the XL next round. Thats just my two pennies.

Disclaimer, I'll never like the "school bus" look of the XL so that was main factor in purchasing. Looks
I’ve actually learned to like the long look better