RST Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Premier RST a few months ago. I absolutely love this vehicle. I did turn off the lane assist too as it is a pain. My biggest gripe is the lower front valance and how it isn't......better. It's like they just gave up there. I would love to get something to replace it, get it painted or wrapped but I am clueless in that department so if anyone knows a good route to get some color on that boring plastic that doesn't look cheap let me know. I just put a CAI, Kooks long tubes, and a Corsa exhaust on and she screams!!!!!! I have my black snowflake rep rims coming in soon as well and I also leveled out the look with some Belltech suspension components. When she is all finished up with round one I will post some pics and a video of the sound for reference if anyone is interested. I need to get it in and have my guy crack the codes to change up some shift points and fine tune a few things past what he already did; the 10 speed is great but it sure can ruin the exhaust grumble with all of the shifting going on lol. Besides the valance which is minor, absolutely no complaints. Glad to be here!

This is how she sits now, was a 2/4. I wanted to fill the gap but keep the ride and I am very pleased and a shot of the Corsa black tips.

IMG_5253.jpeg IMG_5255.jpeg

Last edited:

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the sound on the new muffler?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Will let ya know tomorrow. Had to leave it with them today. Going down in the morning to pick it up and they are going to let me set the steering wheel as straight during the alignment job since they missed the mark last time. Very cool of them to let me do that and can't wait to hear it!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a CAI, Kooks long tubes, and a Corsa exhaust on and she screams!!!!!! I have my black snowflake rep rims coming in soon as well and I also leveled out the look with some Belltech suspension components. When she is all finished up with round one I will post some pics and a video of the sound for reference if anyone is interested. I need to get it in and have my guy crack the codes to change up some shift points and fine tune a few things past what he already did; the 10 speed is great but it sure can ruin the exhaust grumble with all of the shifting going on lol. Besides the valance which is minor, absolutely no complaints. Glad to be here!

This is how she sits now, was a 2/4. I wanted to fill the gap but keep the ride and I am very pleased and a shot of the Corsa black tips.

View attachment 225672 View attachment 225673

Nice Pick-Up, that's a great first start to some mods. Plenty of GM/Chevy owners both SUV's and Trucks will pick up +45 WHP and +45 WTQ with Long Tube Headers, Exhaust, CAI, Ported Throttle Body, a 160 degree T Stat, and a tune. You've already got the most expensive items, get your hands on a slightly larger or ported throttle body and a 160 T Stat and tune it; you'll be happy with how much that wakes it up for a few bolt-ons.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Pick-Up, that's a great first start to some mods. Plenty of GM/Chevy owners both SUV's and Trucks will pick up +45 WHP and +45 WTQ with Long Tube Headers, Exhaust, CAI, Ported Throttle Body, a 160 degree T Stat, and a tune. You've already got the most expensive items, get your hands on a slightly larger or ported throttle body and a 160 T Stat and tune it; you'll be happy with how much that wakes it up for a few bolt-ons.
Any cold start video?

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the tune, but I couldn't find a quick turn around on a ported TB and I have heard bits and pieces about the 160 T stat being a thing of the past with how the newer engines work, but I cannot confirm that. It seems to be an ongoing issue on if it really is worth it as far as the temps. I think I am wanting to go ahead and do a cam with an SC, but I wanted to pace myself and keep my bank account happy for now.

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any cold start video?

I will make a cold start video with my phone today and try and get it up here. I would do it at home but it sits in the garage and it's fairly obnoxious.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the sound on the new muffler?

Just got back home from picking her up. I'll put it this way. If you own the 6.2 RST, then the BORLA is a must. I was smiles all the way home. Perfect tone. Not too loud, but plenty loud enough to know it's there. No drone at all. I am a happy customer!

20190627-121040.jpg

20190627-104509.jpg

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back home from picking her up. I'll put it this way. If you own the 6.2 RST, then the BORLA is a must. I was smiles all the way home. Perfect tone. Not too loud, but plenty loud enough to know it's there. No drone at all. I am a happy customer!

20190627-121040.jpg

20190627-104509.jpg
Looks awesome! Any cold start video?

OHSEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a quick clip, I will do a cold start, idle, normal drive and floored for sound info sometime soon and post it here.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a quick clip, I will do a cold start, idle, normal drive and floored for sound info sometime soon and post it here.

Use the towing bottom and you will hear the magic sound when you breaking or slowdown.
I use when I'm go to Costco or nearby is fun.
This car sounds super.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep