RST Grill Part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to do this, but I have iridescent Pearl tri Coat white and they do not make the grill in that color- The triple stage paint is really expensive to have professionally mixed and shot- too bad!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my 2015 Tahoe LTZ as a CPO from Chevy Dealer in February 2018 and have been working to make it more off-road capable and have a blackout look.

I put the RST Grille Assembly package (GM Part# 84245982) on in March 2019. I paid $320 plus $25 shipping (AZ to ME) through Tasca Parts. Arrival of the part took longer than anticipated, but I think they were ordering from a vendor and drop shipping to my home in Maine.
I paid the local Chevy dealership's collision shop $115 to remove my chrome LTZ grille assembly and replace it with the RST black grille assembly. Also had them swap my chrome tow hooks for black ones since they had the front bumper removed.

IMG_4420 (1).JPG

The main point is I LOVE the look of the black grille AND not having to mess around with a paint job or vinyl wrap that wouldn't last. Or a poor dip job not knowing what I'm doing in that arena. Got the headlight accents wrapped with gloss black vinyl. I can confirm that these accents ARE part of the headlight assembly and the RST headlight assemblies are major $s. Hard to justify, especially when I have great headlights still.

This RST grille assembly does come with the black bowtie, but I'm currently running the original gold as I have not updated the tailgate emblem yet. Switching the front emblems is really easy, but the tailgate requires more. I have a debadging set for this week so I will have my "TAHOE"s and "LTZ"s removed and be switching to the black bowties then.

** As a side note, I have noticed about 0.5 MPG improvement with this new grille over almost 3,000 miles now. I cannot confirm if this improved MPG is due to the grille, but I do think it is because the RST grille is allowing more air to the engine. The RST grille has less inches per square foot of horizontals on the grille's surface are compared to my previous LTZ chrome grille. I think more open surface area on the RST grille is allowing additional air to the engine. Again, cannot confirm the improved MPG is due to the RST grille though.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Z71, and am wanting to install the illuminated bow tie on the grill. Is there a way on this year to remove only the grill and not the entire bumper assembly? Lots of how tos w/r/t silverados, but nothing for my year which obviously has a different assembly than Silverados...

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad actually - took about an hour taking my time. Just need a 7mm, 10mm, and a plug tool. Glad humidity was low this morning in DFW. Anyone wanna buy an oem grill (and some gold chains)?bd6d64a3730a992ce5e46053dc1a63fd.jpg0a9a01c2f223cc707f005948937546b5.jpgc7c474d8cbeebe9ff096eebdf0ff2d77.jpgb266e43ffac65ddd5e2089a35aa2e188.jpg

This is also a great time to install fogs or, like I did, upgrade the bulbs. Very easy to get to them vs. the beating reaching in the well was when I first installed them. I used a "baseball parent" fold up wagon to lay the grill on while I took it apart, and it worked well. Total cost was around $360; every gm parts site charged more for black. I could have got silver for around $335, but black is beautiful...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9