RST Brembo package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradntx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, all I'm new to the forum. It looks like I will be picking up a new RST in the not too distant future and was wondering if anyone could point me to more info on the Brembo brake package.

From what I understand it seems to be a dealer add on as I haven't found a single one locally with it installed so there must be a GM P/N available. I was hoping I could get the package from one of the discount parts dealers online and install it myself to save a few bucks. Also one thing that I will change as soon as I get the truck is to ditch the 2 tone 22's that come as part of the package. Personally I just don't like the look and I am hoping to pick up a set of takeoff 20's. I really think a grey wheel would look good and there are a few designs that were on Yukons and trucks that I like and would probably go with. What I'm trying to figure out is if the Brembos will fit behind those wheels.

Any info is appreciated.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me if you're interested in a trade on your 22" wheels for my 20" wheels. They're the OEM Tahoe 20s.

dH8dZhb3v9yeFChFYATFgw1GPzZi8Of4-ok6_l3MTeAggSIs3SyQS0LhBEM7yi9flUHdtjdxL0OEWcyK4-AvmjCVSzzoBY-K4V8xfz-V8lHEiZhTCbRWEZYf7EC9yUamZnSJtnJJe_PgLd85WQaei9Y_8pQLmW_aJiBbS2cclal_wwa8K3emE-18jEWnpXRDZqD53w50axrfhVuzUZFFI5M2879SHOgCUtZL71Oz4kriDmN8layWymdBfBz8GKhUP5mgI54aKwgJMsnfhJTWT8pmLG--_WctqDD6uygLx6DhwkpeYT6WBefeSq8_URZfXVzBvEuQ0w0Pjb23DDHbzdVcZh1nSoLbPYIY74pDcA3EPWijsMeX99QUUer2LxgJy7LUqjTFpxSwlI4Vot6ulnzEb970cDQfOS1vJHAugRQTSjcMo6h7t_IUmVUgVo15Go_5qUEsDUqZsc0XSYSt-OlCNV02RdMOONFET7uuiJBoqY2w3WblCaH93DBRUpF1FohIpv0hhkZdWpeqAwWvPhUfLqAe7R2XisfAvgDLFUgJBH-gBwy8HRDsPKJA9paKw0HHfPu9OkZq481Y4Ls0gbppdEGnsfvacA=w943-h707-no

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would he want to trade away his 22's for your 20's of they require a minimum of a 21" rim? :confused:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you did any research but my Google search on Brembo brakes for the new style Tahoe shows that they will fit 20 t0 22 inch original equipment wheels and the discounted price is $2275 over the factory price of $2795. I agree with the other poster , I would order them from the factory and then negotiate the selling price of the new vehicle. At least then they will be covered under the factory warranty. Way too expensive not to have a warranty.

OP
OP
B

bradntx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not long after posting this I found the gm part number. I also realized that I was better off going with a Denali with no options than the RST Tahoe due to the fact that I don't really like the options that get tacked on, specifically the sunroof and rear seat entertainment. Hopefully I will pick up the "base" Denali in the morning. According to what I found the brembos fit behind all stock 20's except 1 particular one. There is an ECU wheel, not sure what that is but they won't fit that one. This is per GM. Also, I found info on the Willwood brake package, so if I don't like the stock brakes i can look into that option as they also offer brakes for the rear.

BigVette427

Reaction score
Are these Brembo calipers the same calipers (size?) off a late model Camaro SS? (2010+)

I can get those relatively inexpensively off Craigslist.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would he want to trade away his 22's for your 20's of they require a minimum of a 21" rim? :confused:
LOL I was thinking the same thing. I know its early for me being only 630am but I still picked up on that right away, and your comment made me chuckle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9