RSE Headphone Issues + Volume Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentuckyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have ‘21 Z71 with RSE and just tested it out last weekend. The IR headphones seem to consistently cut in and out. My 5 year made sure I knew when they were cutting off. I started messing with them while riding shotgun and they seem to be super sensitive to only
tiny movements (like 3” one direction they are fine but then move them back 3” and they are no good). anybody else have this issue? Could they recommend a solution? Also, noticed that my cell phone location made a difference (despite it having nothing to do with what’s playing). It was connected to the 4G hotspot in the vehicle but that’s it.

secondly, I’m wondering if the volume control on your Roku or fire stick remote actually does anything. The volume control on the IR headphones is annoying since my kids can’t grasp how to turn it up (they always change the channel or turn off the daggum things!). Thanks so much y’all!

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use bluetooth headphones which is what our 5 year old twins are using. Apparently ours are missing the IR headphones but not to worried about it.

OP
OP
KentuckyTahoe

KentuckyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it easy every time you get into the truck or do you have to fiddle with syncing it?

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I saw somewhere that mentioned that the headphones work best on a particular side of he vehicle, so maybe try swapping left/right seating positions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01