RSE double tap won’t work!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So while life was all peaches and cream and everything was working fine, suddenly today my right side rear seat entertainment system stopped waking up on double tapping/knocking it. I can still switch it on from the front infotainment system and then everything functions just fine. But dare I switch it off and it will not come back on. I have to again switch on from the front. The left side screen still wakes up to the knocking and still works all fine.

Also for some odd reason I can see the infra red lights glowing at the bottom of the right side screen. The left side screen everything is working fine and there’s no IR lights underneath.

Any guesses on what gives??!!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may want to visit your ophthalmologist if you're seeing infrared light.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Lol...sorry my bad. Dunno what they’re called. I always thought they were something to do with infrared. There’s these string of red lights glowing below the screen. Kinda like what you saw in the older TV that receive signal from the remote control. I hope I’m making more sense.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, you can use your cell phone camera to “see” infrared light. Works good for checking remotes.

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Alright guys....thanks for the lesson on IR lights. So anybody experiencing any issues waking up their rear seat screen??

OP
OP
A

Ajmalian

Reaction score
Ok never mind guys. Apparently the screen just needed to rest overnight. It’s back to working just fine.
Thank you!!

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while life was all peaches and cream and everything was working fine, suddenly today my right side rear seat entertainment system stopped waking up on double tapping/knocking it. I can still switch it on from the front infotainment system and then everything functions just fine. But dare I switch it off and it will not come back on. I have to again switch on from the front. The left side screen still wakes up to the knocking and still works all fine.

Also for some odd reason I can see the infra red lights glowing at the bottom of the right side screen. The left side screen everything is working fine and there’s no IR lights underneath.

Any guesses on what gives??!!

I see red lights under the right side screen but not the left too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne