RSE - Any updates this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I perhaps foolishly included the RSE on an order that's going into production; too late to change it now.

I have 4 kids 9 and under and wanted the ease of being able to turn something on from the driver seat without needing to manipulate ipads for the younger ones and sprung for the RSE.

I'm now reading/re-reading that the system CANNOT play movie files off a usb stick? Can anyone confirm whether this is the case?

I don't want to pay for a data plan for the car so I had hoped to be able to play downloaded/offline movies off USB or a roku/amazon fire stick.

Hoping I didn't just pay $2k for a dud.

Any info is appreciated!

dancastro

Reaction score
well if you ordered a Yukon, you get the privilege of paying $1500 for a 3 year unlimited data plan whether you want it or not!

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods, this is a duplicate thread. Please delete or merge with thread below at your discretion.

Edlee321

Reaction score
I perhaps foolishly included the RSE on an order that's going into production; too late to change it now.

I have 4 kids 9 and under and wanted the ease of being able to turn something on from the driver seat without needing to manipulate ipads for the younger ones and sprung for the RSE.

I'm now reading/re-reading that the system CANNOT play movie files off a usb stick? Can anyone confirm whether this is the case?

I don't want to pay for a data plan for the car so I had hoped to be able to play downloaded/offline movies off USB or a roku/amazon fire stick.

Hoping I didn't just pay $2k for a dud.

Any info is appreciated!
No, you cannot play off usb or select/play/pause from front screen.

Google Automotive has a very buggy/slow/limited options, especially when it comes to RSE. I don't need youtube/youtube kids/Hulu for small children, most people need the flexibility to play off usb and make selections from the front screen.

OP
OP
navyseal334

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the more I read into this Google-powered infotainment, the more I regret it.

I thought it'd be an upgrade from my Honda Odyssey but it is increasingly looking like the Japanese - while not the flashiest - have the better strategy with sticking to dated systems that work well rather than giving drivers an under-baked piece of junk.

Give me a blu-ray player with front-seat control any day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17