Rough Country Vertex 2.5 adjustable Front Shock 3.5"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawman2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone running the Rough Country Vertex 2.5 adjustable Front Shock 3.5" inch lift on their Tahoe's or suburban's? The website says they do not fit but I can not imagine GM makes the Tahoe's front end any different than the truck.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fox 2.0 struts i put on my wifes ‘16 denali were apparently for trucks. Fit just fine.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are a few claims of the front coil over styles not working with certain upper control arms. the Fox 2.5 i believe is one of those.

but honestly, at 3.5", i would want an arm with better joint angles. i run the ready lifts on my 2.5" Front lift for that reason.

OP
OP
L

Lawman2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I felt like they should work since that would cost GM more money in design and parts.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that mounting the remote reservoirs themselves could be the biggest challenge at install time (if any challenges are even met)
My BDS suspension kit came with the option of Fox 2.5 coilovers with remote reservoirs. They are the same that would go on a Silverado/Sierra. Don't see why these RC Vertex won't fit as well.
I am currently running Fox 2.0 coilovers that are listed as "Truck Only" coilovers on Cognito's website.

As @STORMIN08 said, new UCAs recommended if you are going to be running the front +2" or higher.
If you are going all the way up to the 3.5" height, you may also want to think about a differential drop kit.
Something like this: https://supremesuspensions.com/products/2007-2018-chevy-silverado-1500-differential-drop-kit-4wd-4x4?variant=21391308783696
Diff Drop Kit for Silverado.jpg

For the remote reservoirs, perhaps you need a mounting kit, like Fox's universal remote reservoir mount kit: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/frs-80302042-kit
Fox remote reservoir mounting kit.jpg

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those vertex’s, the price is right and they look like they can take a beating…. till I saw they aren’t rebuildable, I’m trying my best to put rebuildable items on my Burb’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy