rough country lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy69tahoe

Reaction score
i just bought a 95 4 door tahoe.I want to get a 6" lift and saw that rough country is only $1000.00 bucks with shocks. Does anyone know anything about this brand? thanks

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
I dont think they are bad at all.

Go for it. Dont pay for a name unless you got lots of money to spend!

I have a " Tough country" Lift on my Duramax and love it.

It was 400 cheaper than a pro comp and wayyyy stronger.

Do some reaserch and i think you'll find there are great kits out there for less money .

Its all in what you want to spend.

Good luck.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
They're great kits. People who have them beat the shit out of them & they still hold up for more.

General concensus is that RCX is a quality kit for a good price as well as easy to install. I would have gone this route if I didn't get my ProComp kit. The rebates & discounts off of install was just too good to pass up.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some good write ups out there and many opinions about what is the best kit around for the OBS. So do your homework and pick one that fits your needs.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
RCX is a good route to go for the money, i ran a superlift on my truck and superlift susp. systems make the rough country kits as well. that being said i never had a problem with my kit and they hold up really well for people that drive them very hard, i say go for it.

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rcx is a good lift for it, but it will probably come out to more beacuse if i recall you need drop down brackets for the torsion bar. At the end it was coming out to like 1300. I ended up getting the procomp installed for 1800.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure honestly, but I bet just about most of them could use a dual hoop with a little fab work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts