Rough country 6 inch lift issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tokedigital

Reaction score
Ok so just purchased this kit. Now just found out not sure if it is true but I need a new custom driveshaft due to having auto trac? If anyone has auto trac please chime in on this issue. Wish these forums where more alive.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowledgeable folks will chime in, but my initial thought is that if you lift the truck 6 inches, the optimal geometry of the drive shafts and universal joints will be dramatically changed, and may need some modification.

OP
OP
T

tokedigital

Reaction score
Knowledgeable folks will chime in, but my initial thought is that if you lift the truck 6 inches, the optimal geometry of the drive shafts and universal joints will be dramatically changed, and may need some modification.
Yes very true but without having autotrac you dont need a new drive shaft.

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ok so just purchased this kit. Now just found out not sure if it is true but I need a new custom driveshaft due to having auto trac? If anyone has auto trac please chime in on this issue. Wish these forums where more alive.
I know that you need a new shaft with awd. Not sure about autotrac.

robc7622

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes you need the cv front driveshaft.. i ran into the same problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC