Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take the rack off the 2015 Yukon? I hate them, took the one off my last tahoe with ease. Just put the bolts back with a nice strip of black molding covering them, so much cleaner without them but I can't find any bolts on this Yukon. I'm wondering if they bolt on from underneath before the headliner goes in.

TerryKing

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need info on the attaching hardware!
Mine has no roof rack, just 5 holes each side with plastic plugs.
The hole is a hex shape, 5/16" across.

What type of fastener is used for these?? I want to make my own rack like I did on my old Yukon. It had no factory hole, so I made my own :)

Any advice, pointers, suppliers appreciated!

Regards, Terry King
...In The Woods in Vermont, USA
[email protected]

OK, I ended up drilling out those 10 holes to 1/2" and using wellnuts (Rubber plugs with threaded inserts) to attach my own design roof rack. It has wood (cherry) front-to-back runners about 3 inches high (curved to match roof contour) with recessed 1/4-20 screws down into the wellnuts and adhesive caulk where they meet the roofline. Then there is a 88 inch long x 48" black panel on top (3/4 inch pressure treated plywood, rounded edges, 2 coats of black-pigmented West Epoxy. The wood sides have 2 coats of clear West Epoxy and will get UV-resistant acrylic coating soon. Two chromed tie-down rings on each side.

Has made a trip from Vermont to Florida last week. I'll get some photo up.

TahoeRoofRack1-2048.jpg
TahoeRoofRack2-2048.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zolt11

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ithink its the black thule sonic xxl got it in 2015

Forum statistics

Threads