Roof rack screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the screws that screw into the inner sides of the roofrack to hold the cross bars in place are called? or where I can buy them? thanks

IMG_20161102_175618.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but that is for the roof racks,, I am looking for just the "plugs" that go into the holes that are left after I removed the cross roof racks,,
You could try a body supply shop or a shop that specializes in nuts and blots ,fasteners specialty stores.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try a body supply shop or a shop that specializes in nuts and blots ,fasteners specialty stores.

Agreed,, I'll probably find them at the home depot.. thanks

khiroshima

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an FYI, they are just janky plastic plugs . . . and I's short, so I can't see the holes anyway :) Letting you know, so you don't spend a ton on filling the holes, best of luck-- KH

2020 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably just easier to go to the dealer. Less aggravating Imo.
I just bought the crosspieces for my 2020 Tahoe and I can’t get the plastic plugs out of the rack holes on top of the vehicle, without tearing the tops off, which leaves a piece of it in the hole, keeping the bolt from going in. What’s the secret? I’ve tried screwdriver and pliers. Hate to half to drill them all out. Thx. H

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are plastic and will pull out with some prying.They have a grooved shank and hold on to the threads. Just takes some prying and pulling with trim removal tools.(plastic).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC