Roof Rack Replacement Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjdavis7782

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to get the core out,, i had one get damaged. Not sure it it happened with pressure on it when unlocking/locking, but knew something was wrong when the tensioner would stay down when locked. you can see were it is bent.

Anyone figure out who makes this cores? Yakima cores don't fit (had a few on hand),,, and Thule's don't look the same either.

if you pull yours watch out for the two little springs inside.. if your core isn't bent, I believe you should be able to press down on that retaining ring and pull the core straight out

file_9331F9AB-64AB-4F9B-90B3-32B8E516827C.jpeg

Jcmega

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in the same situation, I have the crossbars installed in my Yukon but no keys, cylinder says JO1, I haven’t tried with the dealership yet but planning to stop by this week. Does anybody happen to have that key so I can get a copy, willing to pay $50, in case dealership can’t help

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping again… Anyone ever find any key options?
Consult a local locksmith. In my experience they have always been extremely reasonable for replacement keys or rekeying of lock cylinders. They may be able to pick the lock you have if you lost the key, remove it, and then rekey it. Possibly. Or at least pick it so you can remove it and then install an OEM replacement part ordered through GM.

lawsonsh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SO I broke one of my cylinders getting the rack off in frozen conditions.
It doesnt look like anyone has found a replacement yet in this thread.
Can anyone speak to using them without the locking cylinder?
Or are these just garbage now?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd the dealers are clueless. I found this on the GM Accessories website:

Q: What happens if I lose the key that locks and unlocks my roof rack cross rails?

A: You can visit your dealer and reference your roof rack cross rail lock code to obtain a replacement key.​

Since the dealers are clueless, I would send an email to the Accessories folks and ask them why the dealer can’t find any key part numbers. Maybe can at least find the part number for you.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone consulted a locksmith yet or am I typing into the wind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN