Roof rack cross rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I would go aftermarket if you are installing anything heavy on them. I have a canoe we haul and the factory cross bars are pretty flimsy.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
The issue I have with the factory bars is the shape - you don’t get very good contact using clamp-on accessories. I have a Yakima Skybox 21 that we use for road trips and no matter how I adjusted the clamps the box would always slide left or right. I had to use a bunch of rubber hose washers to enhance the friction on the contact points.

May not be as big of a deal with other accessories, but something to think about. Aftermarket won’t look as as sleek, but they’ll be more functional/reliable.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got OEM...cheap price on ebay ($100 or so). Easy install, even came with a little torque wrench allen tool. I find them very sturdy, hauling my kayak without issue.

Highly recommended.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

trmccoy34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd love to find OEM rails for $100. Cheapest I've been able to find them are more in the $175 range.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to find OEM rails for $100. Cheapest I've been able to find them are more in the $175 range.
Hmmm...You could be right about the price... it's been a couple of years, and besides, Ive got "CRS".

Anyhow, it was an easy install, perfect fit, and they work well for me. Someone with a heavier load, say a 90# canoe or pirogue, or something, well YMMV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9