Roof rack cross bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I'm about to install mine, not for any particular reason but just because. What distance does everyone use from the front or back or the side bars?

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the GM guidance from the instructions to place the front bar (15" from the front?) and then I measured my cargo box to make sure it was centered on the front and rear bars and placed it accordingly. If you would like I can measure them when I head outside here in a little bit.

OP
OP
R

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I used the GM guidance from the instructions to place the front bar (15" from the front?) and then I measured my cargo box to make sure it was centered on the front and rear bars and placed it accordingly. If you would like I can measure them when I head outside here in a little bit.
Sure, thanks. Don't go to too much trouble though. I'm not planning to put anything up there anytime soon, I just want to install them!

atwardowski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The instructions that come with the GM ones say 18" from front and back. If you have a cargo box/carrier they need to be adjusted accordingly. It also says if you have a sunroof and are using a box set the front at 30" (if I remember right), and the back about 27" away from the front bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu