Rocks back and forth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rx7world

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2002 Yukon slt 5.3 4x4 I bought at 180,000 now has 260,000, since day one as you are going down the road it feels like the thing rocks left to right as if you had 2000 pounds of extra weight on the roof, or somebody running at 55 mph beside the thing holding on to the roof rack and constantly pulling back and forth sideways. I have replaced tires shocks springs, all front steering parts including sway bar bushings, nothing has helped, any Ideas? everything stock replacement.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Yukon slt 5.3 4x4 I bought at 180,000 now has 260,000, since day one as you are going down the road it feels like the thing rocks left to right as if you had 2000 pounds of extra weight on the roof, or somebody running at 55 mph beside the thing holding on to the roof rack and constantly pulling back and forth sideways. I have replaced tires shocks springs, all front steering parts including sway bar bushings, nothing has helped, any Ideas? everything stock replacement.

Did you replace the rear stuff, if the rear sway bar and control arm bushings are worn out it won’t matter that you did the front, the rear will sway back and forth with the crown in the road and pull the front with it.