Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I remembered why I don’t like installing projectors. The low beam bowls on these Depo’s are way different than the high beam ones. The area where the projector shaft goes through is too thick to get the nut on so I ground what I thought was enough. I was holding the vacuum with one hand and using the due grinder with the other so it’s not perfect but I figured good enough. But I had trouble getting the damn projector solid. I’m not sure if it’s because the nut wasn’t going past the areas on the shaft that are notched because the hole was still too thick or just because the damn shafts like to strip out or cross thread but I almost stripped one. I keep wondering if I’ll be able to line up all 4 of these things. I was thinking last night that if worst came to worst I don’t really need the lower projectors to work except the demon eyes. The one set is fine for low and high beam, I don’t really think the LED high beams I had in there did much. I had to quit last night because I was so frustrated trying to hold the projector with one hand and use the 1/2” 27mm socket to tighten the nut. I think today I’ll try grinding the mounting area thinner so I can get the nut more bite on the shaft and using some anti seize on the threads. I felt like I was so close to failing last night. I have so much work into these lights I can’t let that happen. If I strip a shaft I can order just the bowl portion of the projectors from TRS but it will take a week.

View attachment 276235 View attachment 276236 View attachment 276237
I have confidence in you Mark. Worst case scenario isn’t all that bad. Even if you have to wait a week. And I thought I was in a different thread for a minute there, with all your talk about stripping, holes, shafts, nuts, and tight places...

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have confidence in you Mark. Worst case scenario isn’t all that bad. Even if you have to wait a week. And I thought I was in a different thread for a minute there, with all your talk about stripping, holes, shafts, nuts, and tight places...
I was trying to get @Tonyrodz mind off his missing sway bars. :eek:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Success! The combo of more grinding to get more shaft to thread onto and anti seize made it easy to tighten the f**k out of that nut so I can barely rotate the projector in order to level it. Then I’ll epoxy it in place so it can’t rotate anymore after I can mount them on the truck and level them. Now to get the other one mounted. I needed a morning walk with the dog to clear my head. It’s gonna be a nice 70* day here.

778734BC-C235-4C38-B0FE-2CE0E3AFC84C.jpeg EE510959-9930-480E-B10E-6B96DB60B513.jpeg 3338A070-00DB-44C4-BC90-5D471607DF43.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Success! The combo of more grinding to get more shaft to thread onto and anti seize made it easy to tighten the f**k out of that nut so I can barely rotate the projector in order to level it. Then I’ll epoxy it in place so it can’t rotate anymore after I can mount them on the truck and level them. Now to get the other one mounted. I needed a morning walk with the dog to clear my head. It’s gonna be a nice 70* day here.

View attachment 276247 View attachment 276248 View attachment 276249
Hell yeah!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 276247 View attachment 276248 View attachment 276249

Is that Mt. Hood?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I see it every morning when I walk my Malamute. It looks awesome this time of year when it’s still covered with deep snow. We got about 14’16’ this year up there. The skiers are happy.

I had hoped to go spend some time in that area when we were out there a couple years ago. We drove from Sisters up to Multnomah Falls before heading to Portland to fly home (same morning) so I just cruised by Mt Hood. The ****** part is, all the parking was full at Multnomah Falls so we I just got to drive by it. We did cross the Bridge of the Gods, which was neat.

Beautiful area you live in

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had hoped to go spend some time in that area when we were out there a couple years ago. We drove from Sisters up to Multnomah Falls before heading to Portland to fly home (same morning) so I just cruised by Mt Hood. The ****** part is, all the parking was full at Multnomah Falls so we I just got to drive by it. We did cross the Bridge of the Gods, which was neat.

Beautiful area you live in
It is beautiful. Glad you got to see The Gorge. Sorry about Multnomah Falls. My dad flew a loop around The Bridge Of The Gods in a Piper Cub his buddy owned when he was young, on a $100 bet he wouldn’t do it. He said he thought for a minute he was gonna hit the bridge as he came to the bottom of the loop. I’m just a little less crazy than he was.