Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on the rear bumper and rear flat panel that closes off the back of the bed. The panel is being stripped and repainted in VHT black Crinkle and I’ll find a way to keep the tailgate from hitting it and wearing the paint off. The rear bumper has issues with the plastic pieces, the worst of which is that the center plastic piece is the lowest hanging part so if I exit a lot and the rear drags even a tiny bit, it grinds off the tabs that holt it on. I removed those tabs and relocated the push clips so I could add 2 sacrificial bolts that are adjustable and hang just a bit lower than the plastic. I have already replaced that plastic piece twice, I don’t want to do it again.

539AB5D8-4C1A-4A84-BF89-3A5E34426771.jpeg 05A6B17B-992D-4C1A-8773-AAE945906D27.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Damn, wish they were straight. I looked and they only have 3/8- 1/4 adapters that are straight. I’ll have to think about if I can use those. Thanks. This is what it would be with what I have now.

View attachment 242763

Just a thought, may not be possible BUT could you rotate the controller 90° so you could use the 90° fittings @yates ™ posted?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on the rear bumper and rear flat panel that closes off the back of the bed. The panel is being stripped and repainted in VHT black Crinkle and I’ll find a way to keep the tailgate from hitting it and wearing the paint off. The rear bumper has issues with the plastic pieces, the worst of which is that the center plastic piece is the lowest hanging part so if I exit a lot and the rear drags even a tiny bit, it grinds off the tabs that holt it on. I removed those tabs and relocated the push clips so I could add 2 sacrificial bolts that are adjustable and hang just a bit lower than the plastic. I have already replaced that plastic piece twice, I don’t want to do it again.

View attachment 242767 View attachment 242768

#IfYoursDon'tDragYouMustBeAFag #SparkItOrParkIt #Don'tBeLameScrapeYourFrame

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, may not be possible BUT could you rotate the controller 90° so you could use the 90° fittings @yates ™ posted?
I just DID rotate it lol. I wanted to point things away from the driveline by having them enter from the rear as they say.:cool:
But I think I can make those elbows work.
Update: as ridiculous of a price as those are, then they add insult to injury by charging a minimum of $17.50 UPS ground to ship 5 of those to me which brings the total for those 5 little connectors to almost $80. Ridiculous. I’m gonna see if I can find something similar locally.

6C5F89D1-A155-493F-A03D-40826834EC50.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just DID rotate it lol. I wanted to point things away from the driveline by having them enter from the rear as they say.:cool:
But I think I can make those elbows work.

View attachment 242794
Just curious--could you cover the manifold with a steel box or cover? Looks fragile and busy back there. Just looks easy to damage.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some elbows like those but made out of Kynar and rated for 300 psi, from Grainger, for $55 to my door by next Monday. I ordered them, and I’ll go pick up some more aluminum tubing tomorrow to make some new lines out of. I have searched and searched for the same in straight fittings but nothing, which makes sense because there isn’t really any need for them. Reducers yes, elbows yes, but not the same size on both ends. That makes sense because the only reason for them would be what I’m doing.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some elbows like those but made out of Kynar and rated for 300 psi, from Grainger, for $55 to my door by next Monday. I ordered them, and I’ll go pick up some more aluminum tubing tomorrow to make some new lines out of. I have searched and searched for the same in straight fittings but nothing, which makes sense because there isn’t really any need for them. Reducers yes, elbows yes, but not the same size on both ends. That makes sense because the only reason for them would be what I’m doing.

Link?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad you found them cheaper. I just remembered seeing them on there a long time ago so posted them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne