Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the lower radiator hose just as a maintenance thing. The old one felt kinda soft to me and I believe it was original. The new is an AC Delco Professional and has a protection piece around the middle section for some reason. What fun it was to install it, everything seemed to be in the way. Oh well, it’s done.B3CA225C-92D8-435A-B1AE-FF889763F126.jpeg0BAC1761-EDC9-4D86-BAF1-38E8C478F8F5.jpeg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dark seat dye never came out the exact color as the original even though I tried 3 different ones. I even contacted one of the leather replacement covers and they gave me a damn Ford color they use because they can’t get leather in the exact match for the GM color so I crossed that on the color chart and came up with medium dark pewter. I tested it after I got it and decided it was close enough. They even sent me a bottle of the very dark pewter in case I wanted to mix it myself and darken the medium dark. I decided f it, I’ll probably just get the bottoms recovered eventually.

I don’t recommend using their dye over the top of their dye. It took 6 coats this time around and it’s still streaky. Maybe if I had one color seats it wouldnt have been so hard but having to get the seams where the 2 colors meet as close to perfect that many times was stupid hard, and never came out perfect any of these last 6 times I had to do these new colors. I quit. They’re close enough until I pony up the cash for new leather. The leather on the edge of the one where the dog stands is in bad shape anyway so I doubt it will last long. But he is happy to have his seat back and appears to approve of my work even I’m not happy with it. 4E1F4780-1B34-4AE2-953F-95ABCD92AA02.jpegC13C114C-2975-4EF3-A7DE-71D5D8C129B8.jpegDE3C342C-5109-421D-8A58-7165B303BD82.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The dark seat dye never came out the exact color as the original even though I tried 3 different ones. I even contacted one of the leather replacement covers and they gave me a damn Ford color they use because they can’t get leather in the exact match for the GM color so I crossed that on the color chart and came up with medium dark pewter. I tested it after I got it and decided it was close enough. They even sent me a bottle of the very dark pewter in case I wanted to mix it myself and darken the medium dark. I decided f it, I’ll probably just get the bottoms recovered eventually.

I don’t recommend using their dye over the top of their dye. It took 6 coats this time around and it’s still streaky. Maybe if I had one color seats it wouldnt have been so hard but having to get the seams where the 2 colors meet as close to perfect that many times was stupid hard, and never came out perfect any of these last 6 times I had to do these new colors. I quit. They’re close enough until I pony up the cash for new leather. The leather on the edge of the one where the dog stands is in bad shape anyway so I doubt it will last long. But he is happy to have his seat back and appears to approve of my work even I’m not happy with it. View attachment 381908View attachment 381909View attachment 381910
Hopefully it won't peel in a few weeks/months. Not trying to jinx you, but I've seen it happen plenty of times.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't peel in a few weeks/months. Not trying to jinx you, but I've seen it happen plenty of times.
The leather or whatever it is on the outside edge of the driver side, where the dog stands with his front feet while he sticks his head out the window, is thin, in bad shape and was torn and I didn’t have high expectations to start with. I just want it to not look as bad for awhile until I pony up the money to have the bottoms reupholstered. It’s already started to fail there. He is rough on (hard **is censored) that, with his huge claws and the fact he weighs over 105 lbs. The rest looks good still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442