Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Blue house black shingles, ditto! :jester:

My house had these white shingles with green specks when I bought it.
some other colors in there as well

It looked terrible

Shingles were shot anyways, so I put a new roof on it right after I bought it.

Like most things in my life, I thought about it very hard.
Comparing images, and finding houses like mine with different colored roofs...
;)

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
If I go with a bowrider I’ll get an I/O.

I think race boats are neat and all, but I can't imagine spending a nice day on the lake with the headers screaming in my ear.
But to each his own.

Bowrider + Bimini top = a good time on the water.
I have a lil 19ft cuddy myself.
high sides for the rough waters we can get, and I can either stand or sit when I'm driving.
Waters get rough, the wife can hide in the lil cabin.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think race boats are neat and all, but I can't imagine spending a nice day on the lake with the headers screaming in my ear.
But to each his own.

high sides for the rough waters we can get, and I can either stand or sit when I'm driving.
Nah, my intention with that boat was just to go ripping around once in awhile, not spend a day out there. There’s 2 major rivers in Portland and there’s some nice scenery. I would have just gone out for a few hours, did a little fast driving but spend some time just idling or sitting around with the engine off. There’s a jet boat excursion company here that have big flat bottom sleds with dual big blocks in them at about 1000 hp each, and they’re pretty loud. It’s a blast to rip up and down the river, they hold about 40 people iirc. Anyway, some people like me like the sound of a V8 with headers. It’s music to my ears. Then when you slow down and the music is playing and that roar is now a nice cammed lope, it’s nice. There are actually a very few bow riders with big V8’s in them built by Hallett. They’re pretty nice but spendy and hard to find.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
But to each his own.

Even a two stroke outboard is loud sometimes.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even a two stroke outboard is loud sometimes.
Two strokes are obnoxious. I hate the sound of them. Hey I found a 1962 Raysoncraft v-drive with a small block that was disassembled 25 years ago and the hull restored but never put back together. He has everything. He spent 8k having the mahogany relayed and the original paint done. That was 15year ago prices. I could probably get it for 8-9k. Hmm a boat project? Man I just keep dreaming lol.,but this thing is pretty. I don’t think it should be kept outside though, even under cover.

Attachments

• 4A8B4FAD-A791-48D6-B804-10EB9C1060CF.png
    4A8B4FAD-A791-48D6-B804-10EB9C1060CF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 1FF6E788-9BDE-4831-9D43-23EC924705FF.png
    1FF6E788-9BDE-4831-9D43-23EC924705FF.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I loaded up all the rock that came off the fireplace mantel, the old sliding glass door, the leftover siding pieces and 4 huge bags of garbage left over from my latest remodeling project at home. It ended up being almost 3/4 ton. Thank God for auto leveling. Now my back hurts.

Attachments

• 1FF9D437-156A-43EE-A5FC-89DD48E891F7.jpeg
    1FF9D437-156A-43EE-A5FC-89DD48E891F7.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 0F6360F9-BA2B-49AF-86BC-AD91A3EA8EC5.jpeg
    0F6360F9-BA2B-49AF-86BC-AD91A3EA8EC5.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 6
  • 230646B8-DE71-4FB2-A55A-095F4FED8C36.jpeg
    230646B8-DE71-4FB2-A55A-095F4FED8C36.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 6

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Two strokes are obnoxious. I hate the sound of them. Hey I found a 1962 Raysoncraft v-drive with a small block that was disassembled 25 years ago and the hull restored but never put back together. He has everything. He spent 8k having the mahogany relayed and the original paint done. That was 15year ago prices. I could probably get it for 8-9k. Hmm a boat project? Man I just keep dreaming lol.,but this thing is pretty. I don’t think it should be kept outside though, even under cover.

I grew up against the side of a mountain.
Trails all over for days and days.
When I was 12 I bought my first dirt bike with my lawn mowing money.
I hid it from my parents, they found out about it a few times and made me get rid of it.
I kept finding ways to buy it back and hide it elsewhere.

Guy I bought it from was real nice, in my neighborhood down the street.
So I kept it there for a bit.
one day his parents asked me about it, me being too honest and all.

I think they had a chat with his parents and my parents, and i believe they did me a huge favor... lol

I got to keep the dirt bike afterwards.
My parents let me ride it in the backyard, so I did so every day in circles for hours.
Then eventually they let me out in the wild/trails with it.

The smell and the sound if a two stroke are like a symphony to me.
Reminds me of nice, beautiful sunsets and sunrises on the mountain side. :)

Out on the lake, my engines are pretty quiet.
My trolling motor is an old mercury 9.8hp, on my boat it's real quiet.
but I have a solid wall between me and that engine.
Idling all day long, just fast enough to keep the boat in control while we sit back and troll around with poles.
FIL riding shotgun drinking a nice cold adult beverage.
Bimini top keeping the sun from cooking us too fast in the desert heat.

Smell of two stroke reminding me of good times on the top of the mountain as a kid.

Yup, I don't get your dislike of two strokes.
Two strokes smell and sound like freedom and good memories. :cheers:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up against the side of a mountain.
Trails all over for days and days.
When I was 12 I bought my first dirt bike with my lawn mowing money.
I hid it from my parents, they found out about it a few times and made me get rid of it.
I kept finding ways to buy it back and hide it elsewhere.

Guy I bought it from was real nice, in my neighborhood down the street.
So I kept it there for a bit.
one day his parents asked me about it, me being too honest and all.

I think they had a chat with his parents and my parents, and i believe they did me a huge favor... lol

I got to keep the dirt bike afterwards.
My parents let me ride it in the backyard, so I did so every day in circles for hours.
Then eventually they let me out in the wild/trails with it.

The smell and the sound if a two stroke are like a symphony to me.
Reminds me of nice, beautiful sunsets and sunrises on the mountain side. :)

Out on the lake, my engines are pretty quiet.
My trolling motor is an old mercury 9.8hp, on my boat it's real quiet.
but I have a solid wall between me and that engine.
Idling all day long, just fast enough to keep the boat in control while we sit back and troll around with poles.
FIL riding shotgun drinking a nice cold adult beverage.
Bimini top keeping the sun from cooking us too fast in the desert heat.

Smell of two stroke reminding me of good times on the top of the mountain as a kid.

Yup, I don't get your dislike of two strokes.
Two strokes smell and sound like freedom and good memories. :cheers:

My only two strokes are my backpack blower and trimmer. Since switching to VP racing 2-Cycle oil and 93 octane, ethanol-free gasoline, the exhaust smells pretty good. I can't say I have any fond memories to relate such smells to. Well, other than my backpack blower kickin' ass better than ever after the rebuild.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
My only two strokes are my backpack blower and trimmer. Since switching to VP racing 2-Cycle oil and 93 octane, ethanol-free gasoline, the exhaust smells pretty good. I can't say I have any fond memories to relate such smells to. Well, other than my backpack blower kickin' ass better than ever after the rebuild.

I started running redline, mostly for the RC but it's slowly finding its way into my other equipment.
I run my stuff at about 32:1 + a little nitromethane mixed in there for some kick/rpms. :jester:

And that reminds me, I need to order a top end kit for my little handheld blower.
(why did that sound dirty? :emotions33:)

Its feeling a little too easy to pull that rope lately, and I know it's not because I have been working out or something... :violin2:

:lol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan