Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got the emblem from Down Under, it sat in customs in SF for weeks. Now I just need to figure out where to install it. I’m thinking somewhere inside, I don’t want to stick it to the exterior. View attachment 254148
Hell yeah brother!!! Agree, that needs to go inside! Glovebox area perhaps..?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy sh*t I got the catalog from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co today. They had a checkbox on the order for the Pliobond glue for a free catalog so I figured wth. It’s over 1000 pages and there’s lots of cool stuff. Like lots of airplane stuff but lots of it can be used for cars. The section on AN fittings is nice.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing I don’t have an airplane to mod. They have stuff like Champion spark plugs that go for $116 and if I had a Piper Supercub I could buy a complete new fuselage “incorporating the latest improvements and mods” for only $16,157! Holy crap. I could see me in the backyard with my entire plane disassembled and installing a new fuselage so I could load an extra 20 lbs into the baggage compartment.:head3:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good thing I don’t have an airplane to mod. They have stuff like Champion spark plugs that go for $116 and if I had a Piper Supercub I could buy a complete new fuselage “incorporating the latest improvements and mods” for only $16,157! Holy crap. I could see me in the backyard with my entire plane disassembled and installing a new fuselage so I could load an extra 20 lbs into the baggage compartment.:head3:
Funny, I could totally see you doing that lol!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the perfect place for the emblem. It’s like it was made for it. At first I put it at the top of the cubby but decided to slide it down. It will help hold something in if I ever put something in there. Plus it looks like the claws are coming out of the darkness like it’s reaching out. I just twisted it into place and it’s pretty solid. It slides up and down easily. FD9BF5FF-429A-4320-A420-BB30AD15DA2F.jpeg104DC0A7-4604-4BAC-B37F-38ACB312A648.jpeg94161A15-19D0-4770-90CA-B20C4494F7F1.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the perfect place for the emblem. It’s like it was made for it. At first I put it at the top of the cubby but decided to slide it down. It will help hold something in if I ever put something in there. Plus it looks like the claws are coming out of the darkness like it’s reaching out. I just twisted it into place and it’s pretty solid. It slides up and down easily. View attachment 254173View attachment 254174View attachment 254175
Sweet! That’s perfect!! Badass Mark!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching @Doubeleive doing some maintenance and thinking about what I’ve replaced I realized the rear wheel bearings are original at 170k so I’m gonna replace them. This will also give me the chance to change out the Royal Purple gear oil with the ACDelco that’s specified. Thanks to @Jolly Roger for bringing this whole gear oil and Friction Modifier matter back into my psyche after I thought I had put fluid in that didn’t have any, only to find out the RP has it but it’s probably ok. :mad: I ordered ACDelco bearings, seals and gear oil and a Lube Locker gasket. There goes another $200 down the drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne