Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah they’re staying off unless I need them which is almost never. It’s not hard to pull the rear caps off on the side rails and slide them on. Now the question is whether to CM them so when or if I do use them, they look sweet. But then if they’re painted nice it would be a shame to put shit on them and Id probably have to use pool noodles like Chase was saying so what’s the point? I did just get a new can of clear coat and I have 2 cans of Pewter Metallic on order from automotivetouchup.com but Im sure I can find other things to paint. My rear appliqués do have some chips happening.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on those door handles. @adventurenali92 Disassembling them is not too hard. Take a before picture so you can see how the spring slides in there. That can throw you for a loop.

I vote leave the cross rails off. I never put them on the NBS. And never have a need for them. As well pulling those end caps on and off just begs for breaking the vertical mounting post or a tab on the end cap itself. My .02. Looks clean without them. Nobody is looking at your end caps.

1. They cannot see them as you zoom past.
2. They cannot see them as you zooooooom past really fast and loud with a distinct whine and lope. Wondering why they are so damn slow....
3. They are wondering why a land yacht is smoking their rice rocket while you zooooooom past in a 2.5 ton SUV.
4. Because SC. mic drop......

Leave off for aerodynamics. :) :thumbsup:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Nice work on those door handles. @adventurenali92 Disassembling them is not too hard. Take a before picture so you can see how the spring slides in there. That can throw you for a loop.

I vote leave the cross rails off. I never put them on the NBS. And never have a need for them. As well pulling those end caps on and off just begs for breaking the vertical mounting post or a tab on the end cap itself. My .02. Looks clean without them. Nobody is looking at your end caps.

2. They cannot see them as you zooooooom past really fast and loud with a distinct whine and lope. Wondering why they are so damn slow....
3. They are wondering why a land yacht is smoking their rice rocket while you zooooooom past in a 2.5 ton SUV.

Solid.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hell yeah broskis.
upload_2019-10-18_19-49-13.gif