Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can be powdered in to it. It depends if they want to take the 10 min to do it...
I was thinking laser engraved, like they do their logo. They just got back to me and said if I have an artwork file (I don’t) they would do it for a small setup fee but since I just want it in a Tahoma font and he has a good relationship with the shop that dies their engraving he should be able to get it done free.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of possible maintenance on The Beast that I should do before the weather turns and makes it a ***** to work on it outside. I’ve just replaced the trans with the new and improved Performabuilt, then did the fluid and filter at 2000 miles after, changed fluid in the transfer case, oil change, headlight retrofits and upgrades, my new catchcan is being built, the diffs had new fluid not long ago, I did a power steering fluid flush and fluid change 2 months ago, the Wilwood brake pads have barely broken in, tires rotated...I’m probably forgetting something. Then today I was reading about a guy who blew up his 4l80 trans because the internal cooler in his radiator leaked coolant into his trans lines. My trans cooler lines run through my radiator as well as the Tru Cool. And my radiator is, afaik, 17 years old and has 165 k on it. I was thinking about an all-aluminum one but it came down to my basic belief that if the OEM part lasted this long and works great at doing its job, why change. It’s not like I can even see it so even if I could get a red anodized aluminum one ( I looked lol) nobody would know, and since my engine temp never goes above 210 then why spend $350 for a good quality aluminum one when I can get an original AC Delco one for $200 delivered in 2 days thanks to Amazon Prime. Ordered. I guess I know what Im doing this weekend.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IM in the same boat. Talkcking as much as I can before it starts getting cold. Lol. I got a slow oil drip that wasn’t resolved with valve cover gaskets.... :nolol:
I was thinking about my radiator as well. But it’s 13 years old and 128k and hasn’t shown any problems.